Aftermarket Air Suspension Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aftermarket Air Suspension Questions

I have a 94 MGM LS. I was wondering if the airbags could be switched out to aftermarkets. Then I would add my own compressor and tank for the bags. If anyone knows or has done this please let me know, and give me tips or directions on how to do it.
    =embharris
    AIM: Embharris1984
    Looking for Polished steel or chrome rocker panel set for a \'94

That's one sharp lookin' ride.
    1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
    Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Thanks, Just wanna get some good air under it, and I would keep it. If I cant , ill sell it and get something that I can mess with the suspension.
      =embharris

Comment

Pretty sure you can. I read somewhere that a Panther had air bag inserts. I can't remember the brand though. It was a universal kit I think. There were pictures. I'll see if I can find it.
        2001 Grand Marquis LS
        SuperMotors Page
        CJMF
        Motorsports North East

Best 1/4 Mile : 15.771 @ 86.96 mph 11/05/05
        224 RWHP - 250 RWTQ - 03-18-06

New Best 1/4 Mile :
        15.195 @ 89.79 mph 2.207 60' 11/03/06 - Race weight 4458 lbs.

Comment

It really wouldnt be to hard to get a kit and weld in the bag perches and run air lines to a compressor. The front would be harder since the shock goes through the coil, which is where the airbag would sit.

2009 Ford F-350 6.4 powerstroke diesel. 1977 Ford F-150 built 300 six, 5 speed trans. 1976 MG MGB roadster, 359w, t5 5 speed. 1996 Kawasaki ninja ZX6R.
          My rod is glowing, my bead is clean, my middle name is acetylene

Comment

thanks would appreciate it
            =embharris

Comment

Oh it can be done. A guy on Crownvic.net has a 94 Vic with fully adjustable air suspension. His username is howsyourmomma. He has a cool car. I love you merk too btw.
              2000 Mustang GT "Blondie", 2000 CVPI "Sargent Crusty"

Comment

Air suspension kits can be made for just about anything. They exist for S10s and I know for a fact my front shocks run through the center of the spring too. No idea whether the shock is abandoned or the air springs are hollow or have an internal shock damper or what tho. These cars should be easy since they use coils in the back. It would just be a matter of possibly modding the buckets to accept them. N
                86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Air Ride Technologies has everything you need. If I had the money I'd put their stuff on my wagon...
                  Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

Working...
                  X