Stereo Bullshit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stereo Bullshit

Now I don't know what the fuck is going on, but it just started happeneing, and it is pissing me off.

Whenever I turn my stereo up to 20 or above (it goes to 30, my pioneer deck) it intermittently cuts out for a second here and there, the sound does...

What the fuck is the problem? It also seems like the head unit is the one cutting out, cause the bass still hits like normal thru my subs, my speakers just dont sound for little second intervals...

Is my head unit to blame? It may be time for a new one... :nonono:
    1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
    Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

I'm no expert, but that sounds like a power starvation issue. Probably inside the head unit.

My Fosgate amp with 2) Alpine Type S subs does that if they got too loud. Only because I have a cheepie Sparkle 300W psu powering it.
    Project \"Fire and Ice\":

1989 LTC

My worst enemies are those who presume me to be harmless. They cannot imagine how much I resent and disdain them, or just how great a threat they would face if I could get at them. Everything in their behavior speaks of insult and presumptuousness, and for now it is all I can do to make constructive use of my anger toward them. At this time, I just make a list of them and keep a watch on. Some day, with the help of time, space, and circumstance, I will be able to humiliate them properly - not in a manner they would enjoy, but in a style calculated to make them wish that they had never been born.

Anton Szandor LaVey

Comment

like its turing off for a second? i had a kenwood in the 91 that cut out some times, so i thru that shit out and put in a newer one, and all is good

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
      1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
      1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
      2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
      2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

The head unit amplifier is falling short, weather from amp starvation or from capacity. Don't rule out capacity, if the head unit has some age the amp may not be able to put out the power it once could have.

Comment

Just as I thought. Its a two year old pioneer.

I should just splurge on a badass XM Ready (and MP3 compatable) Pioneer replacement...

Comment

get a DEH-4700P like mine, it plays MP3s, WMAs, has a multi CD hook up, ans is SAT ready

Comment

Gimmie a pic.

Comment

Could be clipping. do you have "LOUD" on? if so turn that shit off. If you have access to an oscilloscope you could run a test tone thru the head unit and watch it on the scope. if it is a nice smoothe sine wave then it is not clipping, if it starts smooth but the top of the wave is flat then it is clipping.

My old kenwood deck had a problem with just completly turning off. sent it in for repairs and the conductive paste on the heat sink was gone causing it to over heat and go into thermal shut-off.
                http://secondhandracing.com/Home.aspx
                http://secondhandradio.com/

R.I.P. Jason P Harrill 6-12-06

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthread.php?t=5634

Comment

+1 for power starvation. Sounds like a bad ground or something. Check the voltage at the power connections on the stereo when it does that.

I dunno if Pioneers aren't built like they used to be, but I had one that was a good 5 years old and still working. My friend has it in his Intrepid now.
                  86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                  5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                  I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Prolly a power issue. I usually run a 10-12ga wire to the HU from a good power source. makes a big difference. Could also be a blown speaker that is shorting at a certain extension...
                    Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

this is what i got in the merc right now, it will be replaced by the same deck jus not a priemeir and the deck in the merc will be goin into the lincoln http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pn...454051,00.html

Comment

I had a pioneer that did that. It just shut off if it went too loud. I ripped the fucker apart to get my cd out of it cuz i couldnt get it back on and turn the volume down before it went off again.
                        '89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
                        '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Comment

You gave it the panther re-wire treatment when you installed it right?

That sounds like the way mine behaved while I still had it hooked up tp the factory wiring.
                          Are all the speakers working? If a speaker wire fell off and shorts it could be putting a super load on the head unit.
                          Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                          'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                          sigpic
                          85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

It just started doing it...

I am using all new wire for all the speakers...

Comment

Originally posted by BoxMang
                              I had a pioneer that did that. It just shut off if it went too loud. I ripped the fucker apart to get my cd out of it cuz i couldnt get it back on and turn the volume down before it went off again.
                              Mine was doing that, wouldn't read the cd, volume would go to full blast randomly. One night I was leaving work after a shitty day and it wouldn't play my cd. I punched it as hard as I could and it worked perfectly afterward. 3 years later and its still working as far as I know.
                              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
                              X