Police version hp levels?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Police version hp levels?

A friend is trying to tell me that the police interceptors get more horsepower, dyno proven, then the standard cars. He claims 260hp at the wheels... does anyone happen to know if this is true? I've always been under the impression they have the dual exhaust that the uplevel civilian versions have but that only brings them up to 237hp or so for the newest ones. Any ideas?
    '06 Ford Crown Victoria LX
    '03 Toyota MR2
    '99 Jeep Cherokee - 3.5" lift, 32s

no it is 250 at the crank for 05+ police Vics. Otherwise civilian singles get 224, duals get 239 IIRC. The only way to get that 260 at the wheels naturally aspirated would be 3 valve heads, not yet availiable.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnnyiroc
      no it is 250 at the crank for 05+ police Vics. Otherwise civilian singles get 224, duals get 239 IIRC. The only way to get that 260 at the wheels naturally aspirated would be 3 valve heads, not yet availiable.
      Any idea on the marauders?
      '03 Toyota MR2

Comment

Re: Police version hp levels?

Originally posted by mbood82
        A friend is trying to tell me that the police interceptors get more horsepower, dyno proven, then the standard cars. He claims 260hp at the wheels... does anyone happen to know if this is true? I've always been under the impression they have the dual exhaust that the uplevel civilian versions have but that only brings them up to 237hp or so for the newest ones. Any ideas?
        HAHAHA, no offens but tell your friend he is a dush bag. The differences are minor. I do believ the 03 up are 250hp at the crank. But not the almost 300hp that it would take to get 260 at the wheels.

Comment

Originally posted by Blaze86Vic
          HAHAHA, no offens but tell your friend he is a dush bag. The differences are minor. I do believ the 03 up are 250hp at the crank. But not the almost 300hp that it would take to get 260 at the wheels.
          That's basically what I said. He sent me two dyno charts that show the same torque output for a marauder and a 2002 Interceptor. He is saying they are both the same engine output. At least he isn't claiming 260 hp at the wheels anymore, since neither of the charts indicate that....
          '03 Toyota MR2

Comment

a Maraurder has the 4-valve motor, same that is in the Cobra. My 97 CVPI is rated at 210 crank. the 2001+ are around 236 due to the Performance Improved engine, same that is in all 99+ Mustang GTs, the 04+ PIs have a few more HP due to the maraurder air box.
            http://secondhandracing.com/Home.aspx
            http://secondhandradio.com/

R.I.P. Jason P Harrill 6-12-06

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthread.php?t=5634

Comment

Originally posted by DuceAnAHalf
              a Maraurder has the 4-valve motor, same that is in the Cobra. My 97 CVPI is rated at 210 crank. the 2001+ are around 236 due to the Performance Improved engine, same that is in all 99+ Mustang GTs, the 04+ PIs have a few more HP due to the maraurder air box.
              good point on the 32 valve motor... that there is a pretty big difference. that there is enough to point out to him there is a difference between the interceptor and the marauder...

thanks again for the help, I appreciate it!
              '03 Toyota MR2

Comment

If he still does nto believe you, tell him i will sell him my Real, complete, Police Interceptor motor for $5 grand
                http://secondhandracing.com/Home.aspx
                http://secondhandradio.com/

R.I.P. Jason P Harrill 6-12-06

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthread.php?t=5634

Comment

Originally posted by DuceAnAHalf
                  If he still does nto believe you, tell him i will sell him my Real, complete, Police Interceptor motor for $5 grand
                  Nah, he's gotten a pretty decent idea at this point that there is no chance the interceptor motor is the same as the marauder motor. he believes me on the 32 valve. :-P

these charts look accurate?

2002 P71 he says:

Marauder:
                  '03 Toyota MR2

Comment

Yes they do. BTW, Murauder was rated for 315hp at the crank I believ.

Comment

Originally posted by Blaze86Vic
                      Yes they do.
                      So a marauder should have the same torque as an interceptor?
                      '03 Toyota MR2

Comment

At the crank the 'Rauder is ptting out 302hp and 318tq.

The Marauder is not torquey.

I have seen two slightly modified Marauders dyno'ed (the only mods were a JLT and a tune) They each dyno'ed at around 270 torque.
                        -Michael

Comment

Yep, the 4Valve engine is higher RPM HP. The 3valve will out torque a 4valve, too bad the 3valve also does not come in the Vics.

Comment

I Guess he knows about the good ol police chip eh :slug:
                            1999 CVPI
                            Old Rides
                            1988 Ford Mustang GT (trickflow stage 1)
                            1989 Mercury Grand Marquis LS (5.SLO)
                            1989 Ford Thunderbird SC (3.8 Supacharged)

Comment

Until 04, the CVPI did not produce any more horsepower than the dual exhaust civilian CV. Even the 04+ only produces 11 more horses.

A stock CVPI will run an ET around the high 15's.
                              2000 Mercury Grand Marquis LS HPP.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2336322

Friends don't let friends drive donk.

Comment

Working...
                              X