How much Por-15??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How much Por-15??

I was wondering how much I should order. I am needing to paint my frame with this stuff. My frame is extremely rusty for its age and I don't want it to rust through in any places. So how much do you guys think I need to paint my frame with it??
    Thanks
    Zack
    2000 Mustang GT "Blondie", 2000 CVPI "Sargent Crusty"

I'd say pick up one quart and see if you need more. I'd say 1-1 1/2 should do the trick.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Ya. From their site it is $33 a quart. I guess it matters how thick I put it on and everything. I'm just going to use a brush.

Comment

I heard if you use the spray cans, it wont be thick enough to work properly anyway. Have you looked for eastwood's rust encapsulator? Its the same stuff, but it might be a few $$ cheaper.

2009 Ford F-350 6.4 powerstroke diesel. 1977 Ford F-150 built 300 six, 5 speed trans. 1976 MG MGB roadster, 359w, t5 5 speed. 1996 Kawasaki ninja ZX6R.
        My rod is glowing, my bead is clean, my middle name is acetylene

Comment

Thanks I will look into that stuff. I was planning on painting it on with a brush. I know if I don't do it now I will be replacing chunks of the frame further down the line.

Comment

I know the pain, I am missing almost my entire passenger rocker panel and I found a hole in the drivers side today :cuss: :cry: .

I want to get my frame while its still decent. I dont think you frame will desintigrate anytime soon.

2009 Ford F-350 6.4 powerstroke diesel. 1977 Ford F-150 built 300 six, 5 speed trans. 1976 MG MGB roadster, 359w, t5 5 speed. 1996 Kawasaki ninja ZX6R.
            My rod is glowing, my bead is clean, my middle name is acetylene

Comment

Working...
            X