My 2001 P-73 and the rest of the fleet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My 2001 P-73 and the rest of the fleet

You can see more pics of my cars in my slowly rebuilding web site. I have to rebuild the photo gallerys as I was on a free server that died, and I had pumped over 100 MEG into it, so it's gotta go on a diet.

The 2001 P-73 has the Marauder airbox with a chip and Edelbrock IAS shocks. I added LX Sport rims with the hankook tires. I have the steelies back on for the winter. Dual exhaust (can't find a P-71 set round these parts they cut the cats off and wreck the H pipe), a rear sway bar and P-71 springs are on teh upgrade list.
    Attached Files
    2004 Marauder M79 90K miles Jmod!! 14.85 @95.63
    2004 Crown Vic LX 135K Silver Birch Light flint leather FMX1 04 P-71 PCM swap 04 P-71 Airbox and Zip tube "$100 MZT" 01 F-250 70 MM TB 21mm swaybar wood steering wheel BH headlight relay

Teh 93

Here is my First Panther, got this two years ago at a Dealer auction. We bid a whopping $250 and scored the car with no other bids (Day after x mas 2003 snowing and much fewer dealers than normal)

She had 140,000 miles and did not smoke or make bad noises and fired right up cold when we checked it out in the lot. The guy that sold it to me said he had paid $1000 for it in another auction, but he would have to pay money just to bring it back and sold it anyways.

Now I have the interior from a 92 -94 ?? Grand Monkey LS in there. $75 junkyard score for the two fronts and rear seat with armrest!! Same color but now leather and dual power seats. The fucking P-71 back breaker seat had a broken frame and the power mech was fucked up.

Other than the rusted out fuel pump lines, I have not had much trouble with this car, it now has over 170,000 miles and likes being the backup ride. Unlike my previous cars I have resisted replacing all sorts of stuff heck I still have the battery it came with!!

This car is a P-71 originally I assume from the Wakefield PD, the title was transferred to the Wakefield building inspector back in 96 with 100K miles. The Dealer bought it in an auction in July 2003 with 140 K miles. The car was well serviced, the valve seals were done ,no smoke and I pulled apart the TB to clean out the EGR passages only to find them clean, the PFE sensor tube was loose throwing a code for low exhaust pressure. I replaced the dash bezel, was cracked with many holes. Odometer stopped soon after getting the car, so it probably has many more miles, but who cares it runs like buttah.

Best money spent was new autozone rotors and Performance friction pads in the front. Rock hard pedal (better than the 01) and stops great.

Also replacing the coil packs, plugs and wires made the car run and more imporantly shift incredible.

Downside is the car is rusty, gotta fix some floor holes, and had a brake like blow out while I had the gas tank out, and the bundle of brake and fuel lines running front to rear along the frame rail will have to be replaced soon, they are crispy.

The wife is trying to learn to drive with it, and she punched out a fender on top of a fire hydrant. Teh fender tops are rusty anyways she will pay for a new front clip after she gets here licence anyone like shopping cart hunting :evil:
    Attached Files
    2004 Marauder M79 90K miles Jmod!! 14.85 @95.63
    2004 Crown Vic LX 135K Silver Birch Light flint leather FMX1 04 P-71 PCM swap 04 P-71 Airbox and Zip tube "$100 MZT" 01 F-250 70 MM TB 21mm swaybar wood steering wheel BH headlight relay

Comment

Nice rides!

Comment

Nice rides mang, the 92-97 style is slowly growing on me.
        Nick
        88 Colony Park LS
        G-pa's old car, but he's cruisin around heaven in his 69 wagon now
        Future plans:Semi HO conversion, or Explorer motor swap, shift kit, PI springs and sway bars, KYB-GR2 shocks

Comment

Working...
        X