460 V-8 in a CV box!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

460 V-8 in a CV box!!!

For those of you that is INTERESTED... there is a thread on that "Other" website about someone putting a 460 V-8 in a box... it looks awsome.. check out the pictures here....

http://www.superford.org/registry/ve...=20290#content

Personally, I would have cleaned the cars engine bay up before I installed it... but, that is the "show car" in me!!! Tom...

Agent Caitlin Todd… You know Tony, Statistics show that married men live longer…
    Agent Tony DiNozzo… It only seems longer….

http://www.tomspolicecars.com/

Cool swap. Thanx.

But the guy is a dickhead.
    1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
    Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

lol, when i get ready for my engine swap, i'm taking a steam cleaner to the engine bay
      Save a seal, club a liberal.

Comment

Interesting story on that guy. He's spent years trying to find or design a speedo for the t-bird/cougar that would read over 85. Hundreds of dollars spent on Nordskog guages and all this. Then, some guy tinkering around finds out you can solder a resistor in and it reads up to 199. So, what the 460 guy did was take the guy's idea and try to sell it on eBay as a service... for $200. He's a little strange, but his buddy with the green '93 marquis is a cool dude.

Comment

You mean ray? The 4.6 Tech forum mod?

Yeah hes cool. Thats why hes the mod! His car rawks too

Comment

I talked to Ray for a good hour or so at this year's CatJam. Very cool dude. Ed seems a litte less friendly, that's all.

Comment

Id say.

He called me a "troublemaker" on CVN, claiming all us "troublemakers" cause our own sites, even singling ronman out.

Fuck that. Ronman is a friend of mine. But thats all I gots to say bout that.

Comment

i'm planning a 460 swap in a grand marquis.......it will probably be the first low buck 460 swap tho..........i'll make my own custom parts if i have to........all junkyard pieces on this baby
                scott

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

460 swap....

I am think about doing this to my '91 as soon as I get the 84 up and running on the show circuit.. AND if I can find a 460 and a C-6 with all the "goodies" I need...

Even thought about having my body man "raise" the hood in the middle (along the black lines on the picture above) to make clearance for the aircleaner... sorta like a cowl induction hood... It would follow the lines of the original hood... basicaly just cut the hood out, add some sheet metal, weld the cut out back on, and add some bracing around the edges that ties it back into the original hood bracing... He would not even have to cut the front loose.. just bend it up and roll it, and then add metal to the other three sides... so the car will still look stock, unless you look really hard... an ultimate street sleeper.... Oh, and of course IF they notice the 7.5 emblems on the side of the fenders....

Or even put these on the side of the hood "induction"!!! Like the old 442's..

Agent Caitlin Todd… You know Tony, Statistics show that married men live longer…
                  Agent Tony DiNozzo… It only seems longer….

http://www.tomspolicecars.com/

Comment

Working...
                  X