My 03 Marauder 300a "DUW"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My 03 Marauder 300a "DUW"

The Marauder was my Dream car ever since I read about it in a Motor Trend issue. The Car was still a concept but the blacked out look made me want this car. When they were first available the dealers here in NY didnt want to budge on the price, Some even jakked up the price because it was new and special, So I said the hell with it and bought a Chevy Avalanche instead.
    For 2 Years, After Dumping almost $100 a week in gas and having a hard time parking the Damn thing, I saw a Video with a Marauder doing a burn out to the Metallica song "enter sandman" Well thats all it took, I saw the video in the Morning, by late afternoon, I had a down payment on a Certified 03 300a Marauder with only 24k miles on it. Turned out the dealer took my truck as a even swap for the Marauder.
    It was a Birthday gift to myself and its by far my favorite gift ever!

My Mods:
    SCT Dyno Tuning
    4.10's
    U/D Pullies
    Intake Spacer
    PHP Airbox
    Cherry Bomb Vortex Mufflers with Res-Delete Tips
    180 Stat
    Denso Plugs
    20% Tint
    Red Brake Calipers with cross-drilled and slotted rotors
    Dynoed at 285 RWHP and 309 RWTQ

A few Drinks and a annoying neighbor resulted in this 4am Burnout

293 RWHP & 312 RWTQ
    Many Bolt-ons and Dyno Tuning

Beautiful 'Rauder.

Did you modify the tailights ala s55 style?
    -My Homepage, Panther info & FAQs-
    My Mint 96' Mercury Grand Marquis LSE -
    Modifications
    Click My Merc for more Pics!

Comment

for the marauder noobs - whats the signifignace of the '300a'????
      Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
      'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
      sigpic
      85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Nice I never seen the S55 tails on a black car. Were they the covers or painted on?

300A can be quickly identified by the fuel door(no finger slot) and windsheld tint is actual tint and not a series of dots.

Heres my n00b post
        http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forum...ight=300a+300b

2005 Legacy GT *13.5 @ 96MPH*
        2003 Mercury Marauder *Totaled*

Comment

I painted the tail lights myself. It was a 5 hour process. The 300a has no traction control, no heated seats,and no sunroof option BUT we have a hood light, electric pop open fuel door,full size spare, and a clock in the dash rather on the radio. The window tint is a new thing Im hearing of, I have the dots on the window, My former co-worker has a 04 but I never noticed the windsheild. the 300b was a mid-later year release of the Marauder and they lost the hood lamp, the full size spare, the clock went in the radio, and the fuel door was manual. But they managed to get the heated seats,sunroof, and traction control. all 2004 models are 300b's

Thanks for the compliments!

293 RWHP & 312 RWTQ

Comment

Nice car!
            Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

Very nice. Nice taillights.
              2000 Mustang GT "Blondie", 2000 CVPI "Sargent Crusty"

Comment

Originally posted by zwack88
                Very nice. Nice taillights.
                LIKEWISE! Dont even waste your time doing the reverse lights, I had a bitch of a time because the lenses cant be removed one at a time, you have to remove the entire rear panel and its a bitch to mask off. Great job on the taillights! I wonder how they would have looked if you went with white?
                Actually play True Crime NYC, There are Crown Vics with the taillights ALA S55 style in all different colors.

293 RWHP & 312 RWTQ

Comment

Ya I'm to lazy to do the reverse lights. I would like to smoke them like the marauders though.

Comment

Ya I'm to lazy to do the reverse lights. I would like to smoke them like the marauders though.
                    Maybe go with a light coat of the nightshades taillight paint. Unless you can come across a entire rear panel for a marauder. it should bolt right up

293 RWHP & 312 RWTQ

Comment

Ya I have spray tint. I actually tinted my tails before I painted them and had them smoked for awhile. I doubt I have the $ for anything that was a marauder part but I think I do need a new rear panel cause a couple of the holes the screws go into broke so it sticks out a bit on the passenger side.

Comment

Nice car!!!

'90 Mercury Grand Marquis GS
                        Baseline 5.0L numbers totally stock, 123 rwhp, 239 rwtq
                        5.4L swap coming soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackened300a
                          Maybe go with a light coat of the nightshades taillight paint. Unless you can come across a entire rear panel for a marauder. it should bolt right up
                          yep should since seeing the inside of my trunk has that blue oval logo

Also one more thing that makes the 300A better...Black Valve covers with the "InTech 32 Valve V8" hidden by the intake.

Comment

Maurader. The only panther Id pay more than 5000 for.

R.I.P. Jason P Harrill 6-12-06 (you will be missed)

Comment

eh..I wouldn't say that. I wasn't looking for the MM at 1st. I accidentaly stumbled upon it in search of a CVPI or CV with HPP

Comment

Working...
                              X