Premium Sound schematics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Premium Sound schematics?

Anyone have a schematic for 89 TC Premium Sound? I need to remove/bypass the booster that's in the trunk. Color coding is needed to rewire the speakers directly to the head unit.

Thanks!
    Project \"Fire and Ice\":

1989 LTC

My worst enemies are those who presume me to be harmless. They cannot imagine how much I resent and disdain them, or just how great a threat they would face if I could get at them. Everything in their behavior speaks of insult and presumptuousness, and for now it is all I can do to make constructive use of my anger toward them. At this time, I just make a list of them and keep a watch on. Some day, with the help of time, space, and circumstance, I will be able to humiliate them properly - not in a manner they would enjoy, but in a style calculated to make them wish that they had never been born.

Anton Szandor LaVey

There exists a bypass harness for this. Disconnect the amp, just plug it in place. Not sure if they changed it by 89, but the wiring on my 86 wasn't compatible with a modern stereo. I just disconnected it all and ran all new wiring.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I've got a newer head unit in place. Works good, but the booster steps up the volume too much. Plus, I want to add my Alpine Type S subs. The volume would not stay proportionate to the bass.

Where can I get this bypass plug? It would be nice to not have to tear up the original wiring.

1989 LTC

My worst enemies are those who presume me to be harmless. They cannot imagine how much I resent and disdain them, or just how great a threat they would face if I could get at them. Everything in their behavior speaks of insult and presumptuousness, and for now it is all I can do to make constructive use of my anger toward them. At this time, I just make a list of them and keep a watch on. Some day, with the help of time, space, and circumstance, I will be able to humiliate them properly - not in a manner they would enjoy, but in a style calculated to make them wish that they had never been born.

Anton Szandor LaVey

Comment

I know this doesnt help, but run all new speaker wire!!!!
        especially if you plan to add subs... you do NOT want to tie those into any factory sound wiring.
        Might as well get a decent 4ch amp for inside and a 2ch for the subs and have it jammin :banana:
        Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
        'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
        sigpic
        85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

What I'm gonna do, is run RCA from head unit to the trunk. The booster is the problem because each time you turn the volume up one step, the booster adds another. The subs go up one notch, and the speakers go up two. I need to eliminate it while retaining the original wiring.

I've got a Rockford Fosgate 502s for the subs. I'm gonna run the other speakers off of the head unit for now.

1989 LTC

Anton Szandor LaVey

Comment

Crutchfield or most other stereo/electronics places should have it. You're looking for a Ford premium sound bypass harness.
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Thank you Gadget73. I will ask about. Seems like I asked Stereo1 about it and they denied hearing of one. They are the only game in town for pro-sumer shit. I will check again.

1989 LTC

Anton Szandor LaVey

Comment

At one time I had one and threw it away because it wasn't the right thing for my car. I had no idea what it was, just that it was laying in the trunk when I got the car. I figured it was some of the previous owner's garbage or something to fit the Intrepid he replaced the Lincoln with.

Comment

UPDATE

I found a bypass harness at Stereo One. Works like a charm!

1989 LTC

Anton Szandor LaVey

Comment

How much was it?
                    '89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
                    '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Comment

I believe is was $15. Kinda high for some wire and two connectors.

1989 LTC

Anton Szandor LaVey

Comment

Any chance of getting a pic of it?
                        '89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
                        '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Comment

i got one too, but dont need it cuz i found a harness for the premeium sound system to work with my CD player, wasent cheap either, its made by scosche electronics.

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
                          1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
                          1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
                          2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
                          2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

My solution?

Run new wiring.
                            1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                            Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Working...
                            X