need a pic of the police guage package

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

need a pic of the police guage package

I've got the cluster (thanks Southern Pride) but I need a pic of the trim that goes around it so I know exactly how to cut it for install. Or am I off base with trimming out the middle and all I need to do is shorten the trim piece and this snaps in? If anyone has ever installed one of these before I'd appreciate the input. Its going in a Towncar so I might have to get fancy with it but I'm just curious what I'm looking at here. Thanks mangs.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

That cluster just replaces the center vent ducts in the dash of vics if I'm not mistaken.
    Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

I don't think so. I thought left side of the ceter rectangle of the dash on the passanger side.

Comment

yeah, it sits over above the glove box. I haven't seen enough really good pics to know for sure but it seems like either that panel directly above the glovebox is either hollowed out and this snaps in, or its simply shortened and snapped in place.
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

its a :hacksaw: install - the raised rectangular piece of that part of the dash is cut out and the cluster recess mounted. Im not sure how its secured.
          Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
          'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
          sigpic
          85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

there are little tabbys sticking out of the cluster. OK thats pretty much what I needed to know. I'll have to pop that panel out of the Lincoln whenever I see it again and bring it home foir some :hacksaw: :cutit: work. And maybe, just maybe, :led: :slug:

Comment

gauges

Here is the installation in my 84 "baby" LTD... almost the same install....

http://www.geocities.com/trwp39/page7.html

Agent Caitlin Todd… You know Tony, Statistics show that married men live longer…
              Agent Tony DiNozzo… It only seems longer….

http://www.tomspolicecars.com/

Comment

The car I pulled it out of looked like they just sawed a hole in there. Kinda hackjob if you ask me but looked good when installed. Just popped in.
                1989 Grand Marquis LS
                flat black, 650 double pumper, random cam, hei, stealth intake, Police front springs, Wagon rear, Police rear bar, wagon front ,exploder wheels, 205/60-15 fronts 275/60-15 rears, 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" offroad x pipe, Eclipse front bucket seats, Custom floor shifter, 4.10 gears, aluminum driveshaft and daily driven. 16.77@83mph

Comment

Working...
                X