Air Bag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Air Bag

anyone ever retrofit an older Merc with an air bag?
    2000 Grand Marquis LS
    2000 F150 XLT 6 inches of lift.
    1987 Bill Blass Mark VII - Sold
    1985 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park- SOLD. to a little old lady
    Mercury Owners Group member
    Save The Whales, Restore an Old Station Wagon!!

Umm... why?

And you would probably need the whole steering colum and some sort of custom computer (or upgrade your whole car to the computer the bag came out of) so that the bag doesnt go off when working on it, but still will stay on for five minutes or so after the battery is removed.

Come to think of it, a switch and sensors would take care of that part. Still need the clock spring and other wire stuffs in the wheel.

R.I.P. Jason P Harrill 6-12-06 (you will be missed)

Comment

yeah, that would be a BIG project, but ultimately doable.

Id 2nd needing the whole column, all the sensors, and i think they have a 'brain' module as well.
      Good luck finding a brown one
      Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
      'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
      sigpic
      85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Sounds like a disaster to me....
        '89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
        '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Comment

I wouldn't do it either. You would probably end up trying to manhandle a 90-91 dash in there to accomodate the new column. The column is significantly bigger than the older ones without airbags.
          Save a seal, club a liberal.

Comment

2000 Grand Marquis LS

Comment

Air bags = Just another way to keep the workin' man down.
              Project \"Fire and Ice\":

1989 LTC

My worst enemies are those who presume me to be harmless. They cannot imagine how much I resent and disdain them, or just how great a threat they would face if I could get at them. Everything in their behavior speaks of insult and presumptuousness, and for now it is all I can do to make constructive use of my anger toward them. At this time, I just make a list of them and keep a watch on. Some day, with the help of time, space, and circumstance, I will be able to humiliate them properly - not in a manner they would enjoy, but in a style calculated to make them wish that they had never been born.

Anton Szandor LaVey

Comment

Originally posted by Roach III
                Air bags = Just another way to keep the workin' mang down.

Comment

Dont you know they deploy right when the working man is just about to move up in life. The only reason gorge jefferson was able to move on up to the east side, to a delux apartment was because air bags were not around then, thus, allowing him to move on up unhindered. Damn honkeys
                  Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

Originally posted by p71towny
                    Dont you know they deploy right when the working mang is just about to move up in life. The only reason gorge jefferson was able to move on up to the east side, to a delux apartment was because air bags were not around then, thus, allowing him to move on up unhindered. Damn honkeys
                    2000 Grand Marquis LS

Comment

Originally posted by 85MercPark
                      Originally posted by p71towny
                      Dont you know they deploy right when the working mang is just about to move up in life. The only reason gorge jefferson was able to move on up to the east side, to a delux apartment was because air bags were not around then, thus, allowing him to move on up unhindered. Damn honkeys
                      :stupid:
                      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
                      X