What to use on dash and seats?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What to use on dash and seats?

I'd like to get my interior cleaned up and protected. What is good to use on the dash?

My front seats are a little dirty, so I'd like to clean them and also protect them. What about here?

BTW, seats are leather.

Aerospace 303 protectant on all vinyl and weatherstripping...

What do you mangs use for leather??
    1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
    Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Originally posted by Grand_Marquis_GT
      Aerospace 303 protectant on all vinyl and weatherstripping...

What do you mangs use for leather??
      My ass.
      j/k

I just use armor all.
      US Army Retired
      Still Serving Proudly
      03 Crown Victoria (Black)
      New 03/03

Comment

:stupid:
        Nick
        88 Colony Park LS
        G-pa's old car, but he's cruisin around heaven in his 69 wagon now
        Future plans:Semi HO conversion, or Explorer motor swap, shift kit, PI springs and sway bars, KYB-GR2 shocks

Comment

The problem with Armor-All is that you have to constantly keep applying it, otherwise the material that it is being used on WILL crack. I've seen quite a few people that screwed up their vinyl roof because they applied Armor-All and they never kept up with it. Couple months down the road, and voila!; a cracked vinyl roof.
          Save a seal, club a liberal.

Comment

Vaseline! Be prepared to slide around in the car, though while driving.
            Project \"Fire and Ice\":

1989 LTC

My worst enemies are those who presume me to be harmless. They cannot imagine how much I resent and disdain them, or just how great a threat they would face if I could get at them. Everything in their behavior speaks of insult and presumptuousness, and for now it is all I can do to make constructive use of my anger toward them. At this time, I just make a list of them and keep a watch on. Some day, with the help of time, space, and circumstance, I will be able to humiliate them properly - not in a manner they would enjoy, but in a style calculated to make them wish that they had never been born.

Anton Szandor LaVey

Comment

I use leather conditioner on my dads Merc and I use it on my dash. You can get the stuff for the car interiors but I found that any leather conditioner will work and usually less expensive cause it is "just for cars." I use the leather conditioner on my dash and vynal in my vic too. Hope this helps.
              2000 Mustang GT "Blondie", 2000 CVPI "Sargent Crusty"

Comment

I used a ratchet and a 15mm socket to care for the leather in my car. Unbolt the seats, place them on the curb for the garbage mang, then install velour. Its a fairly in-depth process but the results are great.
                86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73
                  I used a ratchet and a 15mm socket to care for the leather in my car. Unbolt the seats, place them on the curb for the garbage mang, then install velour.
                  Suuure, whatever you say mang. Lol, I wanna see ya say "No" when some hot chick wants to get in with her swimsuit still wet :evil:

Jumbo, you should only apply the socket-and-ratchet method if switching to better leather seats, don't even think of going the Gadget way! That said on my leather seats I use some conditioner I stole from my last "friend with benefits", don't know what it was cause I threw the empty bottle out about 3 weeks ago.

Comment

I have the nascar lotion for the twice a month thing and I use the meguires wipes for in the between time. I do the shifter and steering wheel. I wipe as much as I can off and let it soak into the leather long before I drive off. Armoral inside and cotton cloth after to remove the heavy glazed over look.

2005 Legacy GT *13.5 @ 96MPH*
                    2003 Mercury Marauder *Totaled*

Comment

Hmmmm maybe that is why my vinyl top is cracked, my grandpa used to use armorall (I think) on teh roof, after he died I never used it. Dammit
                      Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
                      Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by grandpaslincoln
                        Hmmmm maybe that is why my vinyl top is cracked, my grandpa used to use armorall (I think) on teh roof, after he died I never used it. Dammit
                        Ya know, a slick top Townie would be badass. :headbang:

Comment

Originally posted by Evil LTD
                          Originally posted by grandpaslincoln
                          Ya know, a slick top Townie would be badass. :headbang:
                          A little OT, but did any TC's come from the factory as slick tops?
                          Nick
                          88 Colony Park LS
                          G-pa's old car, but he's cruisin around heaven in his 69 wagon now
                          Future plans:Semi HO conversion, or Explorer motor swap, shift kit, PI springs and sway bars, KYB-GR2 shocks

Comment

None that I've ever seen. Emphasis being on the last 3 words. Everyone I've seen has had a cloth or vinyl roof.

Comment

Working...
                            X