Targa top coupe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Targa top coupe

So, I'm planning on cutting the top off of the Vic. But I need to figure out how to take care of the whole window frame situation. I have a couple of ideas, but I'd like to hear anyone elses.

If you're wondering how I will do the latches and frame, I will find a camaro or monte carlo with ttops in the junkyard and cut the weatherstrip frame from that and weld it onto the Vic. The latches the same. I've got it mostly planned out, now I need to figure out what to do with the windows and I should be good. Then out comes the sawzall! :chainsaw:

You are going to cut the top off a 2dr? :drug:

Comment

Originally posted by Fordman75
      You are going to cut the top off a 2dr? :drug:
      He won't have been the first. I've seen on Cardomain, a red tudor that had the entire roof chopped off. Then they abandoned the project. :nonono:
      Save a seal, club a liberal.

Comment

you would probably need to cut the window frame in half seperating the in side from the out sideand use the inside only. if that makes sence to you?i want to do that to my tudor also. honda delsol latches might work better

Comment

figure out a way to make it a frameless window?

frameless windows = teh win!
          GMNRadio DJ, Podcast Co-Host
          1984 Ford LTD Crown Victoria - Drag Car.
          99 Ranger 2.5 - Parts hauler and Pit truck.
          03 Mustang 3.8 Convertable - Head Gaskets fukered up
          95 S10 93 Accord

Comment

Yeah, I'm still trying to figure out a way to make a frameless window work. Maybe I'll just cut the frame off and then try to figure it out. :chainsaw:

Unlike the one on cardomain, mine will get finished, and also I'll be able to put the top back on. Maybe I'll even learn to fiberglass and make a new fiberglass top for it.

Comment

Working...
            X