Forged shortblock options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forged shortblock options

OK, here's what I'm looking at to safety pin my blown Marauder before I break something:

http://www.modularmustangracing.com/

MMR 4.6 Street Mod 900
    *Brand New Cast Iron, current production Romeo or Windsor Block

*New 4340 Forged 3.543 stroke Cobra Crankshaft w/micro polished journals at no extra charge

*New 4340 5.933 Manley H-beam Rods ( These US made rods are shotpeened, magnafluxed and weight matched to bring you the finest H-beam rod available for your 4.6

*New Forged Manley pistons 3.552 Bore size (High or low compression)

*Speed Pro file fit rings (precision file fit to your application, nitrous, blower, turbo or N/A)

*Speed Pro/Federal Mogul Rod and Main bearings

*Complete Pro Assembly and Balancing for the smoothest, highest revving shortblock available.

$2799

This looks like a better way to go forged rather than having my bottom end built because I don't trust anyone locally. Going to keep it 10:1 compression because I plan on keeping the boost in the 9-10 psi range. Maybe throw in a little spray before the MAF in 3rd gear to pick up some mph on the track. Another Procharged Marauder owner went with the same shortblock but at 9:1 compression ratio and regretted it. Just need a different flexplate and everything else bolts up.

Any issues on the components spec'ed? Comments?[/img]
    Supercharged '03 Mercury Marauder - SOLD

Seems like an awful high compression to be running a supercharger. I don't see the engine lasting long with boost and 10:1 compression. You better have a timing retard like a mofo on that engine, along with super high octane. Scares me anyway. It will be fun the first few passes tho.
    Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

The stock block is already 10:1 compression on cast internals. A dozen pulls on the dyno and two dozen passes down the track with boost and she's still kicking. You'd be surprised what a good tune can do.

Comment

That shortblock has all the right pieces. I want one now!!!

'90 Mercury Grand Marquis GS
        Baseline 5.0L numbers totally stock, 123 rwhp, 239 rwtq
        5.4L swap coming soon.

Comment

I'd get it. The forged cobra short blocks are the ones that handle around 700hp before they start flying apart, and also have come factory with a blower in 03 and 04. I would highly suggest you get it, then you cun bump up the boost to around 14-15psi

Comment

I also got a tip about spec'ing factory tolerance rings on the sb so it doesn't use oil just to use it.

The only thing that would hold me up from overboosting the blower with this sb is the stock transmission. A bullet-proof tranny rebuild would be the next thing on the list.

A house of cards...

Comment

Sexy!
              1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
              Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
                Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

I hear the 04 and up 5.4L Ford Trucks got an even beefier 4R75W tranny, which means 750ft*lbs of torque.

Comment

Movingt up to the Iron block is a good move. I am sure you know of the weakness of the late model aluminum 4V motors. Were the older Alu blocks ok?
                    2004 Marauder M79 90K miles Jmod!! 14.85 @95.63
                    2004 Crown Vic LX 135K Silver Birch Light flint leather FMX1 04 P-71 PCM swap 04 P-71 Airbox and Zip tube "$100 MZT" 01 F-250 70 MM TB 21mm swaybar wood steering wheel BH headlight relay

Comment

I'd go with the 5.0 stroker Modular shortlock...:evil:

Comment

Working...
                      X