Gauge Installation, Need Some Input

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gauge Installation, Need Some Input

I'm going for as close to factory looking as possible. The only place I can figure to install some gauges is where the clock used to be. If my math is correct, in the pic below, I can fit 4 2 1/16" gauges in that area. What I was thinking was to cut out around the clock, and do up a plate with the holes for the gauges to go in place of it.

Any reccomendations on material to use for the plate and how to afix it to the panel above?
    Save a seal, club a liberal.

I would go with something already a part of the dash scheme. If you have wood grain, go with that, aluminum, go with that. Make it look natural.
    2000 Grand Marquis LS
    2000 F150 XLT 6 inches of lift.
    1987 Bill Blass Mark VII - Sold
    1985 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park- SOLD. to a little old lady
    Mercury Owners Group member
    Save The Whales, Restore an Old Station Wagon!!

Comment

thats how its done in the cop cars... fabbing up a plate shouldnt be too hard. I bet it'll look cooler with some nice aftermarket gauges, compared to the plain police ones.
      Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
      'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
      sigpic
      85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

This is the series of gauges I want to go with.

If my measurements are correct I should be able to fit 4 2 1/16" gauges across in that space. I'm going to place them in this order: water temp, oil pressure, trans temp, voltmeter.

I've seen the factory police gauge panels for the 90-91's and they look like kindergarden hack jobs.
        Save a seal, club a liberal.

Comment

what brand of gauge is that blue one in the pic? any good linky's for best prices?

1984 Grand Marquis GS - CFI-SEFI conversion, Explorer 302, GT40 intakes, GT40P heads, 1.7 roller rockers, HO Cam, ASP Underdrive Pulley, 2.5" Dual exhaust, Flowmaster Delta 50 mufflers, 3.55 Trac-Lock, Rear disk's, Moog cargo coils, ES rear poly bushings, PI front and rear sway bars, 3G alt., Mark VIII fan, custom Auto-meter dash
          1990 Crown Victoria Country Squire - Explorer 302, HO cam, dual exhaust, 3.55 Trac-Lock, PI rear sway bar (SOLD)
          1982 LTD Wagon (R.I.P.) -|-1984 Grand Marquis LS(R.I.P.)

Comment

The gauge is made by Dakota Digital, go here: http://www.dakotadigital.com/

Comment

Working...
            X