Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arrrggghh, new member aboard

Hello, matey's....
    I was invited here by God (the site owner, lol) to post....and immediately I notice a few things:
    1. Cool space theme....I get tired of the same old similar-looking forums, hell I will probably post here quite a bit just for the scenery....if you see any posts of mine that do not make any sense, you can bet I am just looking at the starry background, and ignoring what I am typing..

2. If there are any guys here who caused me grief over at CVN....beware, apparently there is a site owner here who is a bit admiration-challenged with those guys, and I see a charming little side room called "the battlefield". I am not here to cause trouble, I tell funny jokes, I have a giant storehouse of knowledge in my head and in my files to share, and I also cook bacon really well. I will see if anyone can figure out what my username was over there at CVN....

3. I agree with the site owner, there really are not enough CV sites out there, as CVN kiddies pretty much move in like cockroaches, and smother any site that might show promise....additionally, I would like to see a CV site move beyond the "best snow tire" phase(although these questions need to be asnwered, also), and actually get more into hotrodding these cars. I don't fit too well into Mustangs due to my seated height and shoulder width, so I am kind of stuck with these cars.

4. Did I mention anything about the cool space theme?

Now, to personal details.

I have owned 6 Crown Vic wagons, and one Cologny Park wagon. My current Wagon is a UPS brown, one-owner 1985 CV wagon...almost zero options, other than A/C, tilt wheel, and the trailer tow package. 149,000 miles on the clock, paint and interior are in immaculate shape.
    Project plans: 557 CI stroked 460 motor(the short block stuff has been gathered, but no machining has been done), with a focus on torque production, TFS aluminum heads(to be procured in the spring), Performer intake(ported), custom-built shorty headers(to be made when the engine is in the car), 3" dual exhaust, Pirate-Built (by me, using a 1992 Mustang GT core) AOD, $2000 just in mod parts, including: Hardened 3/4 input shaft, mechanical diode kit, 2" Alto red eagle OD band, All clutches and steels are Alto red eagle and Kolene-coated steels, 8-friction direct clutch power pack, 4R70W wide-ratio planetary (low-gear kit), Trans-Go AOD HP shift kit(soon to be replaced with a LEnTech valvebody), A+ overdrive servo, B&M 2400 Holeshot non-lockup convertor, 4x4 tranny pan, the tranny is finished, except for the JW bellhousing required to mae it up to the back of a 460 block.....the car? I am looking into new rear axles, I have an Eaton 31-spline HD limited slip.... welding the axle tubes, welding in some axle tube braces, a T/A performance differential cover, and custom-building some new rear control arms, with the attempt to get some Mustang relocated upper control arm brackets in there.....a new driveshaft....I already have a set of wheels for it (american racing black modular wheels), 15X8, with 245/60r 15 and 275/60 R 15 Yokohama Avid ST's...

Current status: On hold, I am driving the wagon as it is right now, stock. My wife's Aerostar puked the engine, I have a backlog of work in my garage, and I am also starring in a mainstage theatre production of "the man who came to dinner" at a local college....so I have no time to play.

More later

Re: Arrrggghh, new member aboard

Originally posted by Anonymous
    Hello, matey's....
    I was invited here by God (the site owner, lol) to post....and immediately I notice a few things:
    1. Cool space theme....I get tired of the same old similar-looking forums, hell I will probably post here quite a bit just for the scenery....if you see any posts of mine that do not make any sense, you can bet I am just looking at the starry background, and ignoring what I am typing..

2. If there are any guys here who caused me grief over at CVN....beware, apparently there is a site owner here who is a bit admiration-challenged with those guys, and I see a charming little side room called "the battlefield". I am not here to cause trouble, I tell funny jokes, I have a giant storehouse of knowledge in my head and in my files to share, and I also cook bacon really well. I will see if anyone can figure out what my username was over there at CVN....

3. I agree with the site owner, there really are not enough CV sites out there, as CVN kiddies pretty much move in like cockroaches, and smother any site that might show promise....additionally, I would like to see a CV site move beyond the "best snow tire" phase(although these questions need to be asnwered, also), and actually get more into hotrodding these cars. I don't fit too well into Mustangs due to my seated height and shoulder width, so I am kind of stuck with these cars.

4. Did I mention anything about the cool space theme?

Now, to personal details.

I have owned 6 Crown Vic wagons, and one Cologny Park wagon. My current Wagon is a UPS brown, one-owner 1985 CV wagon...almost zero options, other than A/C, tilt wheel, and the trailer tow package. 149,000 miles on the clock, paint and interior are in immaculate shape.
    Project plans: 557 CI stroked 460 motor(the short block stuff has been gathered, but no machining has been done), with a focus on torque production, TFS aluminum heads(to be procured in the spring), Performer intake(ported), custom-built shorty headers(to be made when the engine is in the car), 3" dual exhaust, Pirate-Built (by me, using a 1992 Mustang GT core) AOD, $2000 just in mod parts, including: Hardened 3/4 input shaft, mechanical diode kit, 2" Alto red eagle OD band, All clutches and steels are Alto red eagle and Kolene-coated steels, 8-friction direct clutch power pack, 4R70W wide-ratio planetary (low-gear kit), Trans-Go AOD HP shift kit(soon to be replaced with a LEnTech valvebody), A+ overdrive servo, B&M 2400 Holeshot non-lockup convertor, 4x4 tranny pan, the tranny is finished, except for the JW bellhousing required to mae it up to the back of a 460 block.....the car? I am looking into new rear axles, I have an Eaton 31-spline HD limited slip.... welding the axle tubes, welding in some axle tube braces, a T/A performance differential cover, and custom-building some new rear control arms, with the attempt to get some Mustang relocated upper control arm brackets in there.....a new driveshaft....I already have a set of wheels for it (american racing black modular wheels), 15X8, with 245/60r 15 and 275/60 R 15 Yokohama Avid ST's...

Current status: On hold, I am driving the wagon as it is right now, stock. My wife's Aerostar puked the engine, I have a backlog of work in my garage, and I am also starring in a mainstage theatre production of "the man who came to dinner" at a local college....so I have no time to play.

More later
    Well, that was weird...My name is ButtSlappingPirate, that was my Intro Thread....lol....

Comment

so who are you??? lol
      Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
      'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
      sigpic
      85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

who who-who who :rock:

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
        2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
        1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
        1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
        2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
        1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

My friends all call me Pirate....but you can call me Pirate.

Comment

I could go for some bacon.

AND knowledge.
            Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
            Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
              Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

2008 Mercury Grand Marquis GS Bone Stock

The modern definition of "racist" is "someone who is arguing with a Liberal".--updated Peter Brimelow quote.

Comment

holy fuck, i remeber this post!

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
                  1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
                  1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
                  2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
                  2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Shit, this is an old fucking post.

I'm still waiting for that fucking bacon too BTW.
                    Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
                    Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

guess

-!Welcome "GUESS" to GMN :thumbsup:

ATT.SNIPER 308 :animalmother:

Comment

Working...
                      X