Interior lights don't come on when the drivers door opens

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interior lights don't come on when the drivers door opens

The interior lights on the Vic do not come on when the drivers door is opened. They come on when all the other doors open though. I don't know what would cause that. Any ideas?
    Save a seal, club a liberal.

Those switches in the doors go bad all the time... Im not sure how to get em out but they do come out, you could swap the drivers one for one from the passenger side to see if thats the problem.
    Or just try playin with the drivers one, try to wiggle it, see if it starts working again.
    Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
    'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
    sigpic
    85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

I disabled my drive door switch. It's nicer now that the light doesn't come on. That way I can sneek into my car and not be obvious at night.

Comment

My passenger side door does that sometimes it works and sometimes it wont.. But i usually just shake it and all good.
        The Best
        Past and Present Any Questions...................

Comment

You guys talking about the little white push thing in the door jamb?

Comment

Originally posted by Evil LTD
            You guys talking about the little white push thing in the door jamb?
            Yep, the very same one.

Comment

Thanks. In that case, I'll just pull it off the '90.

Comment

Buy a can of electronic spray cleaner.

Mine sticks and I couldnt pull it out so I sprayed that cleaner in there and it freed it up and works as good as new.

2009 Ford F-350 6.4 powerstroke diesel. 1977 Ford F-150 built 300 six, 5 speed trans. 1976 MG MGB roadster, 359w, t5 5 speed. 1996 Kawasaki ninja ZX6R.
                My rod is glowing, my bead is clean, my middle name is acetylene

Comment

If it's not that, it could have something to do with it being a cop car. They might have disabled the switch or something. I know the newer panthers have "dark mode", where the lights don't come on when the door is opened. Maybe '91s have this?
                  '89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
                  '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Comment

Working...
                  X