Wanted: Gloss Black Headlight cages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wanted: Gloss Black Headlight cages

I need some, and cant find them ANYWHERE..

to fit our car's rectangular headlights.
    1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
    Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Looked at any Volvos lately?

Comment

i painted mine black but i cant post a pic here
      http://secondhandracing.com/Home.aspx
      http://secondhandradio.com/

R.I.P. Jason P Harrill 6-12-06

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthread.php?t=5634

Comment

tom look in the help catalog at the auto parts store

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
        2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
        1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
        1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
        2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
        1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

that'll look badass :headbang:
          Save a seal, club a liberal.

Comment

Well, if you want it done properly, where it will never come off....I have a Volvo site somewhere that does that sort of thing to the plastic/potmetal grills and headlight doors...and it also comes in different colors other than black...but cheap is the key word, I am thinking....

Comment

I thought you allready painted yours black??
              Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
              'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
              sigpic
              85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

I need the cages that go over the headlights, like offroad jeeps and shit.

Comment

Originally posted by grand_marquis_gt
                  I need the cages that go over the headlights, like offroad jeeps and shit.

OH!!!!
                  WARNING: FOR THE PUBLIC BENEFIT OF GERBILRACER, sorry, I mean MERCRACER;
                  THE NEXT COMMENTARY IS MERELY A SUGGESTION, AS I MERELY SUGGESTED HE MIGHT CHECK AT THE FOLLOWING LOCATIONS TO LOCATE THE PROTECTIVE SCREENS HE SEEKS....

There, much better.

Summitracing.com? I don't know if they will have the stoneguards for the smaller rectangular headlights...but they have them for the larger rect. units...
                  You might also check out some 4x4 parts suppliers online, I don't have a clue on who to check out at this time...but that is a direction to seek out.
                  Are you having trouble with breaking headlights? There is also a headlight plastic film, rather soft, that you cut to fit over the headlight bulbs, it doesn't yellow, but I can't remember what it is called.

Comment

Nah i just want the sinister look. lol

Comment

Originally posted by grand_marquis_gt
                      Nah i just want the sinister look. lol
                      Black Spray paint? It would look like a cool race car....with black headlights, you would have to beat the babes off with a stick.... :coocoo:

Comment

Smartass. I just want the cages.

Comment

what r u after? black mounting bezels or those grill looking things that go over thge glass part of the headlight......me confused

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                          2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                          1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                          1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                          2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                          1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

oh! they got those at pep boys. I bought some but they wouldnt go in like the instructions said. and they were flat black. but thats what teh spray can is for.
                            Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                            'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                            sigpic
                            85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

The grille things, scott.

Comment

Working...
                              X