interior swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

interior swap

wondering if anyone has had the whole interior out of a box, seats, carpet, pillar trim and rear deck. thinknig about making the car i want. from the 2 cars i have. black, moonroof, digi dash, red interior.

whats the ? cant be much different than the newer vics.

Comment

just wondering if its a diffacult job, i just thinking about taking the red signature interior out and putting it into the cartier that has an ugly grey interior.

Comment

not really, my mark VI is half way put back together

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
        1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
        1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
        2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
        2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Shouldnt be hardly any hard work, as long as you arent removing a dash.
          Seats are pretty easy, break the bolts, put in new ones.
          Everything else screws or snaps , slips together.

Comment

I'm probably going to be assisting Scott with this on an 88 TC, but going from grey to tan. We'll be doing the dash as well. You do not need to remove the entire dashboard. Take the upper pad off, and all the trim bezels. The remaining bits of color on the dash, which should be just the two side pieces and the part around the glovebox unscrew. The glovebox itself is also easy to remove. All the rest of the interior screws or snaps into place. I'd suggest getting a factory shop manual as it tells you in great detail how to remove every part of the trim, tho for the most part it really isn't that hard, just amazingly time consuming.

And don't hate on grey interior.
            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Moved into Tech area.
              2008 Mercury Grand Marquis GS Bone Stock

The modern definition of "racist" is "someone who is arguing with a Liberal".--updated Peter Brimelow quote.

Comment

Originally posted by marquisman
                not really, my mark VI is half way put back together
                Speaking of which...didn't you get that painted? Where are teh pics?
                Nick
                88 Colony Park LS
                G-pa's old car, but he's cruisin around heaven in his 69 wagon now
                Future plans:Semi HO conversion, or Explorer motor swap, shift kit, PI springs and sway bars, KYB-GR2 shocks

Comment

I need to get a blue dash pad.

My cars original dash is sitting in this beaut.

CHP

I've seen this car up close and the work done to restore it is impeccable.
                  Save a seal, club a liberal.

Comment

the mark vi is still it teh shop, my guy is doin the body work on the roof and shit, and it will staythere till the snow is gone....havent seen it in a month

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
                    1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
                    1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
                    2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
                    2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Working...
                    X