changine my exhaust setup just a bit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

changine my exhaust setup just a bit

most of you guys have read my post on cvn about my side exiting exhaust. i'm changing the tips. reason being earlier today i sliced my leg on em. n o big deal for me, but if somebody walks by my car and gets cut. i'm fucked. theres no reason to be that close to my car, but hey. people are suing people today just to say that they sued someone. the new tips are coming off my friends olds. they;re a little bit bigger, but they'll be flush with the car, and imo they sound better than the other ones. they're throatier.
    Save a seal, club a liberal.

seriously, on a 4dr, id run full duals....
    1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
    Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Me too. I tried to get side exits put on a few places on my 4 door vic and they told me something about they cant cause its too close to the passenger compartment so it'll get sucked inside and kill everyone...they didnt go that far, but they meant to... lol Actually after I thought about it it wouldnt look too good anyway. Looks MUCH better on 2 doors.

Comment

:stupid: i aggre with tom......i just posted a few exhaust pics in another post......tailpipes are around 40 bucks a pair

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
        2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
        1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
        1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
        2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
        1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

true, true. for now, it's staying side exiting. in spring i'll change it to rear exits. i can see them not letting you do sides on your 4-door. if you happen to die from co2 poisoning, they can be held accountable. if i die, i'm the only one to blame because i did it myself.

i lliken doing your own mechanic work to computers.

do it yourself and you'll gain knowledge plus the saitisfaction of being able to say I did it.

since i've starrted owning cars the only things i've had a shop work on was the steering wheel on the jeep(i could swing the wheel in a 360) and the brakeline on Shifty. everything else i've done myself, and i have no formal auto education. i nver made it far enough in high school to make it to auto classes. basically, besides inspections and tire installitions, i've done. i did all the repair work after my accident with the deer on the jeep. granted, it wasn't too bad but i did all the repair work myself. not too shabby either. it could've been better but i needed it back on the road asap.

Comment

Noone, and I mean NOONE else other than me has worked on my car under my ownership...

Well, ive had help from justin and a couple others, thats bout it

Comment

Probably 99.999999% of the guys you meet on CVN, or here, or any other vehicle forum, are "do it yourselfers". Including me. It lets me get to know my car better. In my mind, even thinking of taking it to a shop is the first step towards failure.
              Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
              Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

A shop wouldnt know what repair book to use on my bastard-ized car anymore :jumpin:

RIP Jason P Harril, we'll miss ya bro

'80 Town Coupé
                '84 Towncar - Teh Cobra TC, 408w powered
                '16 Ram 1500 CC Outdoorsman, Hemi/3.92/8sp 4x4

Comment

Its not bastardized....

Bastardizing is dropping a 350 in a vic.

Comment

for a second there Tom, i thought you said 305

:gasp: the horror of it all

Comment

Same difference...

Comment

Working...
                      X