Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Driver's side exterior handle is loose....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Driver's side exterior handle is loose....

Is the outer door handle bolted or riveted on? I just went to open the door and the handle is loose. :pissed:
    Save a seal, club a liberal.

Should be bolted on. I've never looked on a Vic, but I've taken a few off of Camaros. There were just 2 bolts on the inside of the door. Take off the door panel and look up in there, you'll have to have the window up most likely.

Comment

Hopefully it's bolted on. I just glanced at a topic on cvn and the concensus is that Townie door handles are bolted on, while CV/GM handles are riveted. A little bit of uniformity on Fords part would be nice.

Comment

Checked the manual, and they are indeed riveted on there. I'm gonna let my mechanic screw with it at some point. I know if I do it, I'll fuck it up.

Comment

Its usually a spring that goes to shit that makes it feel loose, not the handle itself. I bet you could do the work yourself.
          Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

On my car, the outer "box" area of the handle is bolted in, and there are two rivets that serve as a pivot point for the handle. One of the rivets was coming loose on mine. I took it out, squashed it in the bench vise, and its been OK since but I'm waiting for it to break sometime.
            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
            X