got a ? about wheel offset

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

got a ? about wheel offset

ok so im planning on ordering a set of rims now the question I have is I want 15x10 in the back but I want to keep it all in the wheel well I dont want the tire sticking out the side of the car .. im planning on running a 295/50/15 on the back and prob 235/60/15 for the front on 15x8 rims if anyone knows if this can be done please let me know

Well, I run a 0 offset on both front and back, but 15X8 in the rear....15X7 front...If you were to run such huge meats, either run 8" wheels, or make sure u got wagon coils and air shocks to keep the tires from hitting the fenderlip...

And ud also have to run one hellacious backspacing on that 15X10...

Oh yeah, i run 235/60R15, 275/60R15 respectively..

Hope this helps.
    1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
    Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/409772 ok I found someone with the exact set up I want. So now I know that I can fit the tires for sure I was more wondering if I can get the backspacing right to keep it all inside the wheel lip I dont want it to stick out like the wheels on the car in the link

Comment

I would go with that setup, but 15X7s would work better up front...

Comment

So you think 15x8's would rub up front. I wanted to run 15x8s all around. Cant decide on a rim yet. I like the look of cragars but I want light weight aluminum. I found some rims in summit but don't know how good they would look on the vic.
          Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

Well, justin ran 255/60R15s on the front of his linkin with 15X8s and the lip of the fender would cut into the tire....it just didnt work well. On my car, I ran the same tire on 15X7s up front, and it did extremely well

Comment

Dood, just get gold spoke 13's and let 'em stick out de side, mang!

Comment

ohh hell no !!! lol no vauto lowriding here im not lookin to hit the switches unless its nitrous

Comment

Right on! :headbang:

Comment

I had 275/50R 15 tires on 15x8's on the front, and 15x10's with 295/50r 15 Radiat T/A's on one of my former wagons...with no clearance issues....your backspacing onm the rear wheels needs to be around 4 1/2-5", or more....check yourself, though...additionally, the sedans don't have the giant wheelwells of the wagon, I have clearance for a 12" wheel with proper backspacing on my current Box wagon, and I may end up using a pair back there....but I already have a set of 15x8's to go on the car.....

Comment

Working...
                    X