Springs(TOW/HAP/GNX) which one is better

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Springs(TOW/HAP/GNX) which one is better

:confused: I have a confusion regarding these three types of springs I want to install more rigid springs and want to raise the rear of my Panther I read about the "HH"/"HAP","TOW" and "GNX" springs but i'm so confused which of these springs use the Police cars, I was in these days in a junkyard and ask for the frnt & rear Police springs and the guy bring me 4 ones when I check the rear have a label with the code "TOW" but the front ones don't have the label so I leave it for later before to go I see two rear springs that have the "HAP" code, If you can post pics or can explain me better the difference and recomend me which one will be the best ones for my Panther I will be entirely granted, Thanks for the time to read.

ATT, SNIPER 308.[DARK LORD OF THE UNDERGROUND]
    Last edited by sniper308; 01-29-2006, 01:02 AM.
    MERC75-INTERCEPTOR, BORN IN 2003,DIED IN SEP/21/2010 AT 9:55AM AT THE SORT AHE OF 8 YEARS PROTECTING HIS OWNER TO DIE

Thank you CHEVYGUYfor the info and help mang.

ATT, SNIPER 308.[DARK LORD OF THE UNDERGROUND] :nightrid:
    MERC75-INTERCEPTOR, BORN IN 2003,DIED IN SEP/21/2010 AT 9:55AM AT THE SORT AHE OF 8 YEARS PROTECTING HIS OWNER TO DIE

Comment

the natural gas vehicle ones actually are, but GNX was superceded by HAP I was told, thats how I got HAP ones, my gnx ones were saggy.

Comment

Well my search produce the following "GG"/GNX or "HH"/HAP but I'm looking the following functions on the rear springs

1-Raise the rear.

2-More rigid

Which one of this spring fill these caracteristics?

ATT, SNIPER 308.[DARK LORD OF THE UNDERGROUND]

Comment

Originally posted by Chevyguy
          The GNX "HH" springs are the tallest, and stiffest/
          :naughty: !Wait! GNX are not "HH", GNX are "GG" and "HH" are HAP.

ATT, SNIPER 308.:3gears:

Comment

This might help:
            http://www.p71interceptor.com/rearsprings/
            Scroll down and there is also a list of the front springs.
            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73
              This might help:
              http://www.p71interceptor.com/rearsprings/
              Scroll down and there is also a list of the front springs.
              Sorry GADGET73 but your late I already download the article from P71 Interceptor.com and the seach end with this.

1-"GG"/GNX

2-"HH"/HAP

Now my question is ¿Which one of these ride higer and are more stiffer or rigid? anybody can help me with this? :confused:

ATT, SNIPER 308.:cops:

Comment

:3gears: Yesterday I went to a Ford house parts to check the price for front & rear springs and this was the results.

1- "GG"/GNX $60.00 ea

2-"NN"/ NUL $ 150.00 ea

ATT, SNIPER 308.:3gears:

Comment

hh-HAP springs replaced GG or GNX springs due to complaints of saggy ass from police departments. HAP IS the way.

Comment

Are you sure that the "HH"/HAP are better than the "GG"/GNX ? if that is correct I will check the price for those.

ATT, SNIPER 308.:cops:

Comment

I was told hap superceded gnx

E springs were the first ones from 92-98 then Gnx was introduced to handle the added weight of the new body style, the Hap to resove the still sagging ass. I gained 5/8ths of height with Hap compared to the Gnx.

Comment

You figure out what you are going with yet snipe? If you want the stiffest ride and highest rake you should get some TRW Cargo Coils. I love mine.
                        2000 Mustang GT "Blondie", 2000 CVPI "Sargent Crusty"

Comment

TRW cargo coils do not do squat unless you PRE load them with extra weight, hence the name CARGO COILS, otherwise the first couple inches of movement is pretty soft, but they are cheap as far as cost.

Comment

BTW they are progressive rate coils. HANDLING spring rate is dependent on the load, otherwise forget it, the best I can describe them is "a ride like A p73 old fart springs until you put 500# OF LARD ASS IN THE BACK SEATS OR IN THE TRUNK". Then they feel responsive as much as can be expected.

Comment

Working...
                            X