Hmm, shiney object! Minor DUW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmm, shiney object! Minor DUW

I decided against a 3g conversion for now, as the 3g alternators I got were DOA on the test bench(I'm glad they were free), and the wiring and accessories I'd need would cost as much as an alternator. If I'm going to do it, I'm gonna do it right. So I picked up a stocker from Auto-Zone. $116.99 out the door, but I'll get $30 back when I bring in the dead one. It's a remanufactured unit. I'm not sure about the internals, but the casing has Motorcraft stamped on the back. Either tomorrow or Wednesday morning after work, it's going in. Here it is. It's going to make the rest of the engine compartment look like ass though,lol. And I'm beyond shit-broke , but hopefully my box will be a happily running box,lol.

Save a seal, club a liberal.

Cool, just hope it works. I haven't had luck with autozone electronic stuff. I returned 3 starters and a couple of alternators. I need to throw the 90 towncar alt on the vic.
    Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

I got a new starter from Autozone and its been going strong for 5 or 6 months now.
      -Matt
      1968 Fairlane 500 - 1998 Camaro Z/28

Comment

For the most part, most of the electronics from Auto-Zone have worked for me no problem. I think it could be a regional problem, lol, as most of my friends get their electronics from there too. I believe all the horror stories I've heard, but what are you going to do when you're on a virgin-tight budget and Auto-Zone is the cheapest around. VIP(regional New England chain) had an almost identical alternator for $20 more with a $55 core charge. In addition to that, it had to be special ordered. I kind of need the part ASAP,lol.
        Save a seal, club a liberal.

Comment

mmmmmmm shiny.....
          Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
          Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

You should have the 100 amp police alt anyway, so the upgrade isn't as big of a deal for you. It requires more wiring modifications (which aren't that hard btw) but since you don't have the poopy alt with the poopy plug that melts, its not a big priority.
            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by nitroracer
              I got a new starter from Autozone and its been going strong for 5 or 6 months now.

give it time
              Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
              'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
              sigpic
              85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Working...
              X