What Light Switch will fit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What Light Switch will fit?

What, other than the stock (obviously) light switch fill fit and look good in a box. I want something along the lines of a new style with the turn swtich. I don't like the pull switch.
    1989 LTD Crown Victoria LX.
    -3.73s' w/ Track Loc - KYB GR-2 Shocks All Around - TRW HD Cargo Coils Rear - Moog Front Coils - 1 Inch Rear Sway Bar - 4.6 Lower Air Box- Stock Headers - Off Road H Pipe - Turbo Mufflers.

4 Door Muscle
    Supermotors

Anything will fit given enough time and money. There is a decent amount of room there behind the switch, and you can cut that panel out in the dash if you want. The touchy part is going to be getting the wiring to match up properly.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I guess I'll just get the regular one. Does parts america have them? I also need a new set of pig tails for them.
      -3.73s' w/ Track Loc - KYB GR-2 Shocks All Around - TRW HD Cargo Coils Rear - Moog Front Coils - 1 Inch Rear Sway Bar - 4.6 Lower Air Box- Stock Headers - Off Road H Pipe - Turbo Mufflers.

4 Door Muscle
      Supermotors

Comment

Where can I get a light swithc and pigtails for cheap?

4 Door Muscle
        Supermotors

Comment

Just don't be like some rednecks and use a household flip style switch.

Don't laugh, I have seen it.
          1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
          Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Originally posted by Grand_Marquis_GT

Funny you say that. I got a friend that has a 85 Cadilliac Eldorado and that is how he has his wired up too. Very getto.
            Blackhawk you should make a panel that would fill the space that the old switch takes up. Then have a couple of toggle switches, one to flip on for the parking lights and one to run the actual headlights. That would be sweet but I don't know without digging into it myself how it would wire up.
            2000 Mustang GT "Blondie", 2000 CVPI "Sargent Crusty"

Comment

Originally posted by Grand_Marquis_GT

hey, that's a good idear

hrmmm
              GMNRadio DJ, Podcast Co-Host
              1984 Ford LTD Crown Victoria - Drag Car.
              99 Ranger 2.5 - Parts hauler and Pit truck.
              03 Mustang 3.8 Convertable - Head Gaskets fukered up
              95 S10 93 Accord

Comment

Originally posted by zwack88
                Funny you say that. I got a friend that has a 85 Cadilliac Eldorado and that is how he has his wired up too. Very getto.
                Blackhawk you should make a panel that would fill the space that the old switch takes up. Then have a couple of toggle switches, one to flip on for the parking lights and one to run the actual headlights. That would be sweet but I don't know without digging into it myself how it would wire up.
                That's one thing I despised about alot of '80s GenMo products. Electrical problems galore. My aunt had a 'Buick Century that leaked a little oil so often, but it wasn't a major leak. Her car started acting up big time. The high beams came on when the hazards were on, she would use the brakes and the horn would go off, windows going up and down by themselves, the auto door locks would randomly lock and unlock themselves, shit like that. They finally traced it to the oil leak. The oil was leaking right onto the main wiring harness. :geek2:
                Save a seal, club a liberal.

Comment

That would be hilarious! Unless you just got done watching Christine... :evil:
                  '89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
                  '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Comment

Originally posted by BoxMang
                    That would be hilarious! Unless you just got done watching Christine... :evil:

:lol:

Christine wouldn't have had an oil leak though.:p
                    Save a seal, club a liberal.

Comment

Working...
                    X