My first step toward 300+ HP....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My first step toward 300+ HP....

Baseline numbers, the third (and final) run was 123.5 hp and 239.3 tq. I'll be back with more power.

'90 Mercury Grand Marquis GS
    Baseline 5.0L numbers totally stock, 123 rwhp, 239 rwtq
    5.4L swap coming soon.

LOL, OMG. These cars are so sad....I'm glad I never baselined my cars....

peak torque is so low, it's not on the graph...and peak HP at 3350...wow...

The motors make a lot of torque though. My 87 only had 275 with the work I did to it. The HP was 195.
    Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

That is a pretty sorry horsepower and torque curve...

But if you invest a little money in these engine you can wake them up and get them out of coma-mode....
      "Ad eundum quo nemo ante iit"

Comment

The hp curve is awful flat tho, which is nice. Sucks how low it is tho lol.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73
          The hp curve is awful flat tho, which is nice. Sucks how low it is tho lol.
          right but think about it on a wider scale between 2500 - 4000rpm its nice and flat before it starts to fall off, so that leaves 1500rpm worth of good power curve? lol
          1999 CVPI
          Old Rides
          1988 Ford Mustang GT (trickflow stage 1)
          1989 Mercury Grand Marquis LS (5.SLO)
          1989 Ford Thunderbird SC (3.8 Supacharged)

Comment

The 3G alternator, ASP underdrive pulley and an electric fan are going in this weekend. I'm not going to dyno it after these little changes because it will be a waste of money. I also have to do a leakdown test and decide if the 82,000 mile shortblock is healthy enough for the HO Convo.

5.4L swap coming soon.

Comment

I did the HO conversion on a 200K motor...
              Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

Shortblocks in these hold up very well. When I tore down the 120k mile motor in my Mark VII, it had visible factory crosshatch marks on the cylinder walls and zero ring land.
                86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

didnt your townie make 129 rwhp?

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                  2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                  1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                  1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                  2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                  1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

It made 129 rwhp on a Dynojet 248C. The GM made 123 rwhp on a Dynojet 224x. The 248C was an "in-the-floor" type dyno. The 224x had a "drive-on" type lift. (I don't know any other details other than the shop with the 248C charged $150 and the other shop only $75). The $75 shop is also in the next town over (5-10 minutes away).

5.4L swap coming soon.

Comment

What's next? Ported Heads and a cam?
                      The 2003 Marauder 300A F.I.T #003
                      The 1998 P71 Jinbei. SOLD!
                      The 2001 P71 (Flying Snow).

Comment

That's awesome, dude! I wanted to put mine on a dyno, but VERY shortly after I started getting where I'd have the balls to go (even on a blown transmission), the oil pump went on vacation. So... no baseline. I'm gonna use your numbers as baseline, though, since it's basically the same set-up I was running (close enough to not matter, at least).
                        Let us know if you can feel the difference with the electric fan.
                        2011 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, Kona/Saddle, HIDs, 3.73s, 19s, hood/side stripes, UPR 1.5" springs with adjustable panhard bar, and UMI solid LCAs and relocation brackets.
                        1992 Explorer Eddie Bauer, slight lift, 34s, and A/C...
                        1979 Bronco Custom, 351M/C6/NP205, 4" lift, 35s, lots of fender trimming.

Comment

I have all the HO Conversion parts. I just have to save up for the labor cost. The weather isn't the best up here in the Northeast and I would be doing everything in the driveway. (My neighbors would call the police and I say I'm running a "chop shop" or something, they're very inquisitive). The shop would probably have everything bolted on in less than a day.

5.4L swap coming soon.

Comment

Seeing as how it takes 265hp at the rear wheels to get a 4000 lb car to go 14.60s, and seeing as mine weighs 4180# and has gone 14.10, I think I passed the 300hp mark.

Still looking for that evasive 13 sec. time slip.
                            Speed cost....how fast u wanna go??

It's not how much hp u have...
                            It's how much hp u can put to the track...

Let's seperate the men from the boys and put that power to the track using street tires and stock suspension components

'Tis infinately better to sit quietly and be thought a fool,
                            than to speak and remove all doubt.

I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person.

Comment

Originally posted by SLYDAWG
                              Seeing as how it takes 265hp at the rear wheels to get a 4000 lb car to go 14.60s, and seeing as mine weighs 4180# and has gone 14.10, I think I passed the 300hp mark.

Still looking for that evasive 13 sec. time slip.
                              You have a pretty unorthodox setup, but it works VERY well...

Me likey
                              1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                              Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Working...
                              X