what kind of MPG for the 4.6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what kind of MPG for the 4.6

Looking at a 98+ marq's. What kind of milage are you guys getting highway?
    I drive about 80% highway on my commute...the commute is almost 200 miles a day.
    Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Well my vic doesn't get the best but it is the P71. My dads old 2000 GM got 29-30 MPG highway, it had single exhaust and 2.73's. My dads new 03 GM LSE gets about 24-27 MPG highway cause it has 3.27's. If MPG is what you are after get a granny geared one. Good luck!
    2000 Mustang GT "Blondie", 2000 CVPI "Sargent Crusty"

Comment

:stupid:

My dad's old 96 Vic with 2.73s got between 26-33mpg

Comment

On the road trip last year I was pulling a best of 27 with 3:08s.
        Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

My 2000 got 29.3 mpgs with a K&N fipk, the factory dual exhaust, and 2.73 gears. When I use 3.55 gears, I used to get around 22-23 mpgs with the dual exhaust and K&N fipk. On the last trip I made, I had also added 2 Flowmaster 50 series SUV mufflers and mileage increased to 25.4 mpgs.

2000 GM LS w/HPP
          K&N FIPK
          Dual Flowmaster 50-series SUV mufflers
          3 & 1/2" rolled, angle cut, polished stainless steel tips
          70mm throttle body from a 5.4L Econoline
          2003 Leather seats with rear cupholder
          2003 Steering wheel w/redundant radio controls
          ADR Spartan triple chrome rims size 19x8.5"
          Falken FK-452 245/40/19 tires

Comment

That's crazy. My protege 5 with the friggin 2.0L 4 banger gets 27mpg on the highway on trips and barely gets 30mpg on my commute....

Guess I'll just go and get a 98+ marq and commute in comfort...

Comment

26 @ 93 octane but thats only if the roads aren't clear and straight
              Last noted range using trip meter was 390 Miles

your protege! d00d my 6 gets a whopping 18.5!
              Hows the house?

2005 Legacy GT *13.5 @ 96MPH*
              2003 Mercury Marauder *Totaled*

Comment

i get 22-24 mpg. i have 3.55's and some mods.
                2000 Mercury Grand Marquis LS HPP.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2336322

Friends don't let friends drive donk.

Comment

Heres the STRAIGHT UP TRUTH. Assmuing a 2.73 RAR you can expect total all highway MPG 24-27. With a 3.27 RAR 21-23mpg. I drive a 3.55 geared P71 vic, This is my 5th CV. You name it, I had it. I currently average 16-18 mpg in a 99 P71 CV at 85mph average speed. My driving style did not change, my 97 with 3.73 got the same mileage if not better.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnnyiroc
                    Heres the STRAIGHT UP TRUTH. Assmuing a 2.73 RAR you can expect total all highway MPG 24-27. With a 3.27 RAR 21-23mpg. I drive a 3.55 geared P71 vic, This is my 5th CV. You name it, I had it. I currently average 16-18 mpg in a 99 P71 CV at 85mph average speed. My driving style did not change, my 97 with 3.73 got the same mileage if not better.
                    My '97 CVPI (with a 3.73 ratio) gets right at 20 - 21 MPG at highway cruising speeds.
                    "Ad eundum quo nemo ante iit"

Comment

I have a 1992 Vic LX what can I expect doing once I put it on the road?

Comment

My HPP actually did great on gas. My average was 24 MPG overall with 3.27's! That was probably the most fuel-efficient vehicle I ever owned...

Comment

Originally posted by CrownVic92
                          I have a 1992 Vic LX what can I expect doing once I put it on the road?
                          With a good tune (and stock rear differential ratio) there isn't any reason why you shouldn't get 25+ at highway cruising speeds.

Of course mileage will vary depending on how 'hard' you drive the vehicle.
                          "Ad eundum quo nemo ante iit"

Comment

My 87 vic with 3.73's got 24 mpg...the wagon running really rich with 3.73's gets 19-20.

390 to a tank isn't too bad. Better than the protege...and that has a 14 gallon tank.

House is good... The 6 gets 18.5? Man mazda sucks. I'm driving 180 miles a day though.... The wagon can make 1 day on a tank of gas. Then there isn't enough to make another complete commute. Ran out of gas last week 30 miles from home, luckily I coasted into a gas station. 25 bucks a day on gas...

Comment

Originally posted by P71Times2
                              My '97 CVPI (with a 3.73 ratio) gets right at 20 - 21 MPG at highway cruising speeds.
                              My definition of highway cruising speed is 85mph

Comment

Working...
                              X