Sealant For Coolant Hose

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sealant For Coolant Hose

Ya I know the title sounds stupid but here is my issue. I replaced my lower coolant hose last week. I got it from advance auto parts. It is perfect except it weeps at the T-connector as seen in the picture provided below.

It is like clamped on there but the clamps are not removeable. Everything I clamped to the fittings is tight and not leaking at all, just the part that the factory made. I paid $59 for this thing and it does this. I can't really return it cause the I had to cut it up cause I have a oil cooler. So my question is what should I use to seal it up at that seam? Use some blue RTV sealant or what?
    Thanks,
    Zack
    2000 Mustang GT "Blondie", 2000 CVPI "Sargent Crusty"

If you can whack the factory clamps off there, do that and put a decent clamp on it. RTV on the outside of the hose won't do anything but make a mess.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I wouldn't use any sealant just try to find some wide hoseclamps. Or some like these that dont damage the hose as it tightens up
      http://www.idealclamp.com/brochure.c...cation_id=2500
      MY 02 GM
      jdmotorsports.org
      04/05 ASC Championship car
      2nd ASC Team car

Comment

Working...
      X