Clear All

95 t-bird 4.6 trouble codes

i read the codes on the 95 thunderbird,it's a 4.6 with obd2
    got a p1407 which is prob a clogged egr tube
    p0135
    p0141
    p0155
    p0161 these are all o2 heater circiut malfunction codes.......all 4?? wtf
    last code is a p0443 evap purge valve fault......sounds like a junkyard run for that lol
    any help appreciated........will replace all 4 o2's if i must.......just sounds weird to have a heater code for all 4 lol
    scott

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
    2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
    1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
    1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
    2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
    1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

the EGR one might just be the channels plugged up. I wonder if there isn't a common power feed for the heater circuit or something that is bad, like a fuse or something. It just doesn't sound likely that all 4 O2 would fail.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Hope this help, its what I need to do to ange's car
      http://www.lincolnsonline.com/tech/00015.html
      Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

Sounds like a power feed issue. Maybe another missing ground?
        Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

cleared the codes, after i found some unplugged wiring, put about 200 mi on it and after about 100 mi, the check engine light came back on.......checked codes and it now has the codes for the rear o2's, an egr code and the evap code........found the evap code prob......broken wire in the harness.......wish i could afford a scanner that gives me live data
          scott

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
          1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

Comment

get it in the air and check the harness around the tranny, Ive found 3 panthers with a wire wore thru, which ended up bieng the heater wires....

Code P-0135- Heated Oxygen sensor Heater (HTR 1 Bank #1) circuit malfunction. Enabling conditions:
            Engine running self test. Blocking Action: This code can block the following monitors: Fuel control, O2,
            O2 heater, Catalyst efficiency, Misfire, canister purge and EGR. Testing: Use a voltmeter to check for
            battery voltage at the heater. A good heater should caused the O2 sensor to warm up quickly and start
            switching rich and lean. If the voltage is normal change the oxygen sensor.

Code P-0141- Heated Oxygen sensor Heater (HTR 1 Bank # 2) circuit malfunction. Enabling conditions:
            Engine running Self test. Blocking Action: This code can block the following monitors: O2 heater.
            Testing: Use a voltmeter to watch O2 sensor voltage engine off and running. Check for a short to heater
            power. A good heater should caused the O2 sensor to warm up quickly and start switching rich and lean.

Code P-0155- Heated Oxygen sensor heater (HTR 21) circuit malfunction. Enabling conditions: Engine
            running self test. Blocking Action: This code can block the following monitors: O2 heater. Testing: Use
            a voltmeter to check for battery voltage at the heater. A good heater should caused the O2 sensor to warm
            up quickly and start switching rich and lean. If the voltage is normal change the oxygen sensor.

Code P-0161- Heated Oxygen sensor Heater (HTR 2 Bank #2) circuit malfunction. Enabling conditions:
            Engine running Self test. Blocking Action: This code can block the following monitors: O2 heater.
            Testing: Use a voltmeter to watch O2 sensor voltage engine off and running. A good heater should caused
            the O2 sensor to warm up quickly and react to long term changes in fuel mixture. The downstream sensor
            should stay between 0.4-0.8 volts with normal fuel control. The sensor can be forced rich by injecting
            propane into the intake to drive the system full rich. After the downstream sensor shows over 0.8 volts stop
            the propane injection and the reading will drop slightly, indicating a response to the large changes in
            mixture.

read the above, it can cause evap issue, you may not need one.

Comment

Oxygen Sensor -----Idle ------- Full Rich/Lean
              Fuel Control ------0.2-0.8 V---- R-0.9/L-0.1 V
              Catalyst Monitor 0.4-0.8V ------Cruise-0.4-0.8 V

Comment

We found that one of the two wires on the evap solenoid is broken. Just have to dig around on a junkyard car to see exactly where its supposed to go then that code should go away. The EGR thing I'm thinking is clogged channels, so that one should go away too.
                5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Yeah, that peice of junk tbird was already busted pretty bad when I got it...

I just got it going so I could drive it...
                  1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                  Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

It sure does go tho. It runs good.

Comment

Yeah, that fucker will flat out haul ass...

Comment

hauled a wide ratio aod and brians floor tranny jack in it tonite.......rear was squatted down but it still did well.........tom why didnt you put the washer tank back in? didnt get to install rhe harvested one yet, got a shot of liquid salt from a truck and i couldnt see

Comment

Why didn't I?

Cause the one that was on the car was smashed, and I don't use em!

Comment

Tom probably just uses Rain-X.
                            Save a seal, club a liberal.

Comment

Working...
                            X