intermittent wipers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

intermittent wipers

I wanted to upgrade my wipers from the fast and faster options to the one with the knob you can rotate for intermittent speeds. I wasn't sure if it would be a plug and play deal, or more complicated so i got the old switch out and went to put the new one in and the harness doesn't fit, there is an extra piece of plastic in the harness of the new wiper switch. Also the wires currently in the car are all the same except 3, there is a red, yellow, and purple wire in there, and in the intermittant switch there is an orange, brown w/ white, and blue w/ light blue. Any ideas? Will this require a lot of new wiring to make it work, or is there a way to just switch harnesses?

1984 Grand Marquis GS - CFI-SEFI conversion, Explorer 302, GT40 intakes, GT40P heads, 1.7 roller rockers, HO Cam, ASP Underdrive Pulley, 2.5" Dual exhaust, Flowmaster Delta 50 mufflers, 3.55 Trac-Lock, Rear disk's, Moog cargo coils, ES rear poly bushings, PI front and rear sway bars, 3G alt., Mark VIII fan, custom Auto-meter dash
    1990 Crown Victoria Country Squire - Explorer 302, HO cam, dual exhaust, 3.55 Trac-Lock, PI rear sway bar (SOLD)
    1982 LTD Wagon (R.I.P.) -|-1984 Grand Marquis LS(R.I.P.)

The interval governor connectors adapt from the stock switch connector to the interval switch connector, so all you need is the governor & switch for PnP. Interval switches are easy to spot by the external ground wire. I have a few good sets, so email me if you can't find one locally.

Walk softly and carry a BIG SIX! ('83 Bronco w/'95 EEC-IV EFI 4.9L conversion)
    ------------------------------
    My '94 CV w/2000 engine/trans & '99 P71 EEC (OBD-II conversion)
    A '75 Bronco I built for a friend ('88 EEC-IV EFI 5.0L conversion)

Comment

Working...
    X