Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

where can i find a good rust free bumper???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

where can i find a good rust free bumper???

i'm trying to locate a good rust free rear bumper for my 86 grand marquis help meee!!!!!

Nick

talk to the scott mang (lincolnmania).

He can point you towards some good junkyards near you, or possibly get you one for a reasonable price.
    Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
    'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
    sigpic
    85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

theres no reason to have a rusty bumper in southeast pa mang..........we have a booty of cheap box parts in southeast pa
      near you off of rt 22 is harrys u-pull-it in allentown, harrys in pennsburg, harrys in hazelton, www.wegotused.com also shortys u-pull-it in king of prussia, (my favorite) and e-z pull near deer lake
      i'll be glad to tag along w you when i have teh time
      scott

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
      2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
      1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
      1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
      2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
      1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

i'll be going there next monday the 13'th i have off that day, if you wanna come along your more than welcome! i havent had time to get to the j/y lately so i've been looking online to no avail! but yea monday the 13'th i'll check out harry's in allentown if they don't have anything maybe i'll take the trip to hazelton providing the weather is nice. lemme know!

Nick

Comment

i could use a set ( front and rear ) of bumpers for my 84 merq. but i want the ones w/o rub strips and w/o rust

Comment

Speaking of bumpers, my Townie can use a new front one. I like the Mark V ones, will they fit on my frame?

Comment

Mark VI bumpers will. A V is wider.
              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Yeah I need to replace my rear bumper as well. And the smooth ones are really hard to find Chachi.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick52284
                  i'll be going there next monday the 13'th i have off that day, if you wanna come along your more than welcome! i havent had time to get to the j/y lately so i've been looking online to no avail! but yea monday the 13'th i'll check out harry's in allentown if they don't have anything maybe i'll take the trip to hazelton providing the weather is nice. lemme know!

Nick
                  We're going to Hazelton today, and I'll let you know if we see anything worthwhile. I need to go pul a steering box to replace the worn out leaky pos on my car. Actually I need to go get Scott moving so we can get out the door here.
                  5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Thain, I kinda expected the Mark V bumper to be wider, but so were the ones that came on the early '80s Townies - is a Mk.V bumper wider than those too? And how about the bolt pattern, will a Mark V bumper physically bolt onto my frame without having to drill extra holes?

Comment

You guys in PA have the best junkyards.
                      Save a seal, club a liberal.

Comment

Originally posted by Blaze86Vic
                        Yeah I need to replace my rear bumper as well. And the smooth ones are really hard to find Chachi.
                        I know

Comment

Originally posted by Ivan D
                          Thain, I kinda expected the Mark V bumper to be wider, but so were the ones that came on the early '80s Townies - is a Mk.V bumper wider than those too? And how about the bolt pattern, will a Mark V bumper physically bolt onto my frame without having to drill extra holes?
                          The whole frame on a V is wider I think. I really doubt it would fit up properly. The VI bumper would fit to the frame with no mods likely, but you'll need to do some work making it mate up to the header panel since it would stick out like an 84 down Townie. You might be able to use the little extension pieces from an earlier TC or VI to make it fit up tho.

Comment

Went to Harry's in Hazelton yesterday and saw some stuff. I didn't notice any smoothie bumpers, but it was cold and raining and I wasn't exactly looking for shiny stuff. We did see an 82 Vic with the vented front bumper and I saw several pre-88 GMs there so I'm sure one of them is in decent shape.

Comment

Shit! I'm goin there tomorrow!
                              '89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
                              '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Comment

Working...
                              X