ignition switch - '91 GM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ignition switch - '91 GM

Geez, what a difference under there compared to my '88. Anyway, I put a new ignition switch in the '91 GM tonight.

Inside of the old switch.

Anyone know what this plug is for?

Justin, I believe that's for the power window switch for a station wagons tailgate. I looked in my evtm and that's the only connector that remotely matches what I can see of that one.
    Save a seal, club a liberal.

Comment

I believe that connector was placed there to make people go "wtf is this part for?" It was part of a program that also included the plastic plug in the transmission pan that inspires panic to the inexperienced.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by Evil LTD
        Justin, I believe that's for the power window switch for a station wagons tailgate. I looked in my evtm and that's the only connector that remotely matches what I can see of that one.
        Cool, thanks.

Comment

Working...
        X