WHEELS... [1989 LTD CV]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WHEELS... [1989 LTD CV]

hey people whats going on, as you can see i am new to the site. but i am a car guy so .... anyways i was looking thru the site and i saw Southern_Pride's pic of his car. i was like DANG those are the wheels that i wanted to put on my 89 CV. there have been a few other ford stock wheels that i wanted to put on it, but the ones that he has are the ones that i really want, i just cant seem to get my hands on any. well nice site!!!
    Attached Files

i had a set of 99-04 stang wheels i wanted to put on my car, but the backspaceing is different so they would scrape just a tiny bit.

Comment

You need spacers.

Welcome to GMN.
      '89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
      '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Comment

yeah i know the stang wheels would fit with spacers, but i would rather have wheels that fit with out spacers. but thanks for the welcome!!!

Comment

I believe he got his on eBay. Look around there, lots of choices. '79-'02 CV/GM wheels will all fit on your car, no problem. Also, '80-'02 TC.
          '95 Ford Bronco XL -

Comment

How 'bout a set of these?

'95 Ford Bronco XL -

Comment

phayzer5's car looks good with the cobra wheels!!!
              Attached Files

Comment

to GMN!

Cragar SS's rawk!
                Save a seal, club a liberal.

Comment

Originally posted by Evil LTD
                  to GMN!
                  Cragar SS's rawk!
                  thanks for the welcome

ummmmm i really dont like Cragar SS's

Comment

Well then, I don't like you.

Nah, just kiddin'. :p
                    '95 Ford Bronco XL -

Comment

Originally posted by BoxMan
                      Well then, I don't like you.
                      Nah, just kiddin'. :p
                      ha ha ha ha that was a good one

Comment

Phayzer's car has spacers. I have LSC wheels on my Towncar, as does Lincolnmania. Check his car out up at the top of the page.
                        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I got mine off ebay. I had to use 1" spacers on the front to get em on and I still can't run the center caps. The reason being is that the box style cars have huge ass hubs while the new ones dont. They crown victoria lx sport wheels.
                          1989 Grand Marquis LS
                          flat black, 650 double pumper, random cam, hei, stealth intake, Police front springs, Wagon rear, Police rear bar, wagon front ,exploder wheels, 205/60-15 fronts 275/60-15 rears, 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" offroad x pipe, Eclipse front bucket seats, Custom floor shifter, 4.10 gears, aluminum driveshaft and daily driven. 16.77@83mph

Comment

got my wheels off ebay as well. They are Western 15" X 8.5" with a backspacing of 3-3/4". They fit great (sort of) I have 245/60 treds up front and I recently removed my wheel well trim. When I did I noticed there was a spot where the tire caught it. But it does not touch anything else, and I have been driving pretty hard for about 3 months now. For the front I would suggest the max wheel size to be 9" wide with 4.5" backspacing. The back can support a 10" wheel inside the wheel well with a 5" backspacing.

Comment

I like my Series 84s

I am seriously thinknig about Mustang Mach 1 wheels on my tudor CV...
                              1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                              Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Working...
                              X