Junkyard finds today... *UPDATED 2/7/06*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Junkyard finds today... *UPDATED 2/7/06*

I grabbed these out of a Mark VI, for my wagon. It's been there awhile, I just never noticed these:

They got a new box in, a '91 Grand Marquis. Check out what I found inside of it:

New parts from teh junkyard!
    '89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
    '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Fuks yeah, I always go in the trunks and shit and find all sorts of new parts in the yard. Those trim pieces will look cool on the pedals, Im gonna look for some now:jammin:
    Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

Whats the small wire thing?

And what is that funny looking electrical plug for? It looks strangely like the one I hacked off my car a while back.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

the thin cable with the loop and hook ends iis a piece of drum brake hardware i think, the connector looks like an alternator connector.

I like those pedal covers!!!
        Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
        'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
        sigpic
        85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Yea, an alternator plug and the wire is part of the E-brake system.
          '95 Ford Bronco XL -

Comment

Originally posted by 85crownHPP*
            I like those pedal covers!!!
            I'm very lucky, my Mark VI had it!

Let look picture of my car's pedal covers:
            Last edited by Jason_GMQ91; 04-10-2006, 07:27 PM.
            1991 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - Current - June 2016 POTM Winner
            1996 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - SOLD
            1991 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - SOLD
            1987 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 2dr - Long gone

Comment

Actually I knew that was an alternator plug. My car used to have one of those till I tossed that POS after it melted down on me leaving me stuck in the middle of the road in Bensalem on my way to a breakfast meet.
              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

lol...this is a newer, better one....it won't go up in flames like the stockers.
                '95 Ford Bronco XL -

Comment

hmmm, I got one of those plugs sitting in the back of the Hempo.
                  Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
                  Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

NIce finds, best I had was finding some Koni quad shocks in the back of an old torino..And they were in great shape.
                    Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

Originally posted by BoxMan
                      lol...this is a newer, better one....it won't go up in flames like the stockers.
                      Give it time. Actually when mine failed, the plug was perfect. The wiring itself melted down. I think there is actually a burn spot in the air intake duct where it toasted.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxMan
                        I grabbed these out of a Mark VI, for my wagon. It's been there awhile, I just never noticed these:

They got a new box in, a '91 Grand Marquis. Check out what I found inside of it:

New parts from teh junkyard!
                        Nice Jermey...........
                        2000 Crown Vic LX HPP Red w/3:55 Rears
                        85 Crown Vic Stock w/HPP`s
                        07 JCL 250 A Scooter
                        79 to 91 Mercedes S Class W126 US or Euro Versions coming soon

Comment

So the Mark VI has the same peddles as a box panther cool. Dude post some pics of those things when you get them on, they are PIMP!
                          2000 Mustang GT "Blondie", 2000 CVPI "Sargent Crusty"

Comment

A Mark VI is a box panther, lol....

UPDATE, what I found at Harry's today:

Scott and Thain were right, there was an '81 LTD there. The car is practically MINT. I almost shed a tear tearin' parts off of it, lol. Thing has no rust, paint shines real nice, no dents or dings. Coolest seats I ever saw in a box, the pattern is crazy '70s style. It's even currently inspected! Brakes were newish, even the drums.

The emblem you can't see too well is Marquis Brougham, I got off an '82.

The rare wagon spoiler!!

And, this is what I went for. I fought with 3 cars getting the plug out, this being the 3rd. Mine has a gray plug and all 3 I pulled apart were yellow. I hope the sonofabitch works.

'95 Ford Bronco XL -

Comment

Ray will want that spoiler!
                              1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                              Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Working...
                              X