Did the P72's have less chrome pieces?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did the P72's have less chrome pieces?

Besides the usual lack of the vinyl top pieces, did P72s come with less chrome pieces? I just noticed on my '90s hood that in back, there's a chrome piece that goes the width of the hood. The '91 does not have this.
    Save a seal, club a liberal.

dunno.

Comment

Generally, I am pretty sure they did...
      1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
      Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

I would imagine they'd be less chrome just because its a strippo work car, not a flashy vehicle. It fits in with the vinyl seats and rubber floor matting and whatnot.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

They called them the "Crown Victoria S" for that reason.

Strippo!
          1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
          Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

I'm not sure about that piece, my wagon is the only box I've seen so far without it. The only trim difference I can think of right now, is the lack of rocker trim. P72's got the chrome piece below the doors instead, and longer wheel trim moldings. And of course, they don't have the middle roof trim that comes with a Vinyl top.
            '89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
            '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Comment

some 1p72s Ive seen have less door chrome too... instead of both around the windows on the doors and around the door frames, just one of the two. I can never remember which.
              Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
              'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
              sigpic
              85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

BTW, none of it's chrome it's all stainless steal, Except for the grill, bumpers, mirrors, headlight bezels one certain years, brake lights accents, and the occasional hood orniment.

Sorry pet peive, I'll get my ass out of here.

Comment

I can tell you the piece of trim across the bottom edge of the trunk on a Towncar is aluminum. Mine is severely pitted and corroded. Most of the rest is stainless tho. Ever notice that none of us have rusted trim on our cars? Some rusty bumpers but thats it.
                  86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                  5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                  I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

You want a box with the least amount of Chrome (SS), come look at my car. The only chrome (SS) I have removed is wheel well trim. I do not have the strip on the back of the hood.

I have it around all the windows, the thin piece below the doors only (no quater panel or fender light bezel), brake light bezel is the only rear schrome besides the bumper, mirrors, door handles, and the standard issue front facia. That is all my "chrome".

Comment

Mine is like Blaze's but i had the rub rail down the center of the doors.
                      http://secondhandracing.com/Home.aspx
                      http://secondhandradio.com/

R.I.P. Jason P Harrill 6-12-06

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthread.php?t=5634

Comment

He did too, IIRC. My wagon has it, it's comin off when I do body work.
                        '89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
                        '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Comment

Yeah, I'm gonna ditch that bumpstrip too.

As for the chrome, I know the LXs have the granny rockers, but aside from those and any of the vinyl roof trim, the only pieces I've noticed are on top near the back of the front fenders, and the piece going across the hood. Unfortunately for me, P72 fenders are not predrilled for the fender trim. Theres one screhole in the fender, and two screws that hold the piece to it. :pissed:

As soon as I can, I'm going to pull the fenders off the '90. I wanted the ditch lights anyway. The car just doesn't seem right without that trim.
                          Save a seal, club a liberal.

Comment

Working...
                          X