Ram Air setup........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ram Air setup........

Hey guys I'm new to the forum and I was wondering if anyone would have any ideas about how i would run a ram-air set-up on my marquis...Its a 92 and my intake aims straight forward....I was told that I could buy a after market hoodscoop, run a K&N cone filter at the opening with a aftermarket mass airflow sensor inline to the intake. Do think that would help as far as extra horsepower and mileage. :jumpin:
    \"There\'s no replacement for displacement\"

1992 Mercury Grand Marquis
    4.6 liter v8--only option
    Electric fan, Bosche Platinum Plugs, MSD Coil Packs,
    Cold air induction(cone filter) and Single 3-inch exhaust cat-back system with DynoMax muffler.

Welcome!

hopefully one of our smart 4.6 guys can answer ur question
    1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
    Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

I havent seen any gms w/ a ram air setup but your best bet would to get a K&N conical air filter and bolt it to the stock MAS. Check out this page for more..

http://www.mitchsplace.com/crownvicm...scle.html#iitb
      R.I.P Linsey Nelson

'04 M75-"Chocolate Rain" - mid 13 beast
      Originally posted by MeanVic84
      Chocolate Rain. Some stay dry and others feel the pain.

Comment

Ram Air

Moving the MAF on top of the intake and through the hood with a scoop for ram air is something I'm doing as well. Be sure that the MAAF is properly supported. Get a second hood for the test cut or ram air use. I may try the MAF from a 94' Cougar 4.6 and see if it does the same as the 93' 4.6 MAF on the car.
        Welcome to AMERICA...............Now Learn To Speak English!

To ALL my fellow Veterans......................THANKS!

Comment

Originally posted by ImportsSuck
          I havent seen any gms w/ a ram air setup but your best bet would to get a K&N conical air filter and bolt it to the stock MAS. Check out this page for more..

http://www.mitchsplace.com/crownvicm...scle.html#iitb
          Doing that will only suck in hot engine air.

Before the Marauder airbox, people often ran dryer tubing below the airbox and under the front fascia.

Odds are, you will not see a huge increase in performance. While I am not that familar with pre-'95 Panthers, I would guess that your biggest restrictions are the lower intake and the heads.
          The 2003 Marauder 300A F.I.T #003
          The 1998 P71 Jinbei. SOLD!
          The 2001 P71 (Flying Snow).

Comment

embassy is 100% accurate.

what we need to know is what is on your car now? do you currently have dual exhaust?... what gears are in your rearend? in a 92 these will give some of the best bang for the buck, not an air intake.

welcome to the site!

2000 HPP Mods
            15.2 @ 89.13mph-1/4 mile
            9.73 @ 72.01mph-1/8 mile

Comment

They don't work. You need to be going 100+ for it to help. I've tried it. Save your time, save your $.

Comment

Thanks Guys.....

I actually bought a cold air set-up from ebay and it fits. I cant tell if its really stronger cause we've been hammered with snow and she breaks lose(slides) :banana: no matter what. But thanks to everyone who helped
                \"There\'s no replacement for displacement\"

1992 Mercury Grand Marquis
                4.6 liter v8--only option
                Electric fan, Bosche Platinum Plugs, MSD Coil Packs,
                Cold air induction(cone filter) and Single 3-inch exhaust cat-back system with DynoMax muffler.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowman
                  They don't work. You need to be going 100+ for it to help. I've tried it. Save your time, save your $.
                  Or a 100 mph head wind :banana:

Comment

Working...
                  X