Steering bushings. [1989 LTD CV]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Steering bushings. [1989 LTD CV]

Does napa have the good poly bushings? If so what is the part #?

[89 box]
    1989 LTD Crown Victoria LX.
    -3.73s' w/ Track Loc - KYB GR-2 Shocks All Around - TRW HD Cargo Coils Rear - Moog Front Coils - 1 Inch Rear Sway Bar - 4.6 Lower Air Box- Stock Headers - Off Road H Pipe - Turbo Mufflers.

4 Door Muscle
    Supermotors

To what steering bushings are you referring?
    2011 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, Kona/Saddle, HIDs, 3.73s, 19s, hood/side stripes, UPR 1.5" springs with adjustable panhard bar, and UMI solid LCAs and relocation brackets.
    1992 Explorer Eddie Bauer, slight lift, 34s, and A/C...
    1979 Bronco Custom, 351M/C6/NP205, 4" lift, 35s, lots of fender trimming.

Comment

I guess the ones that go onto the sway bar. Me want a little bit tighter steering.
      1989 LTD Crown Victoria LX.
      -3.73s' w/ Track Loc - KYB GR-2 Shocks All Around - TRW HD Cargo Coils Rear - Moog Front Coils - 1 Inch Rear Sway Bar - 4.6 Lower Air Box- Stock Headers - Off Road H Pipe - Turbo Mufflers.

4 Door Muscle
      Supermotors

Comment

autozone sells ES endlinks and frame bushings for the sway bar. Endlinks are about $20, not sure offhand what the frame bushings are but about that price. The NAPA ones I got were rubber and pretty much the same as stock equipment. They're also a year old and flat now.

Also, if your steering linkage isn't in good shape, bar endlinks and bushings aren't gonna do jack for you. Make sure the idler, pitman, and tie rod ends are nice and tight, along with the couplers at the input shaft on the steering box. There is a rag joint and another one that looks like a swivel adapter for a socket wrench. If the upper and especially lower control arm bushings are shot, even that won't take the slop fully out.
        Last edited by gadget73; 02-09-2006, 10:13 PM.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
        X