Engine locked!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Engine locked!!!

I have a 92 CV Lx and I was wondering if theres a way to unlock the motor? It's locked at 170km.

Call a locksmith.
    -Michael

Comment

Marvel mystery oil in the cylinders.
      1989 Grand Marquis LS
      flat black, 650 double pumper, random cam, hei, stealth intake, Police front springs, Wagon rear, Police rear bar, wagon front ,exploder wheels, 205/60-15 fronts 275/60-15 rears, 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" offroad x pipe, Eclipse front bucket seats, Custom floor shifter, 4.10 gears, aluminum driveshaft and daily driven. 16.77@83mph

Comment

You can't turn the crank at all??? If so your fucked. Did you overheat it, run it without oil, what?? Although in extreme cases, and Ive done it with a small engine, you can pour diesel down in the cylinders and let it soak and it might break free but I doubt it. It will run for a little longer but you still will need a new engine.
        Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

I've also heard of filling the crankcase with kero or diesel or something similar and getting it to break loose with a bigass breaker bar. What happened to cause it to lock up? Usually if it locks its pretty much toast.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

thats not what I mean when I say locked I mean locked as in I can't go faster then 170km. Engine runs fine. sorry if I wasnt cleared.

Comment

lol

That is 105.

You need the speed limiter removed, but bieing a 92 your options are limited.
              -Michael

Comment

?? not do-able? how big of a job is it?

Comment

Remove all 8 plugs and try it, disconnect your coils first. maybe you got a coolant leak and hydro locked it?

Comment

Originally posted by Johnnyiroc
                    Remove all 8 plugs and try it, disconnect your coils first. maybe you got a coolant leak and hydro locked it?
                    I think he's just talking about it being 'speed limited' to 170Km...
                    "Ad eundum quo nemo ante iit"

Comment

I dont think dennis can burn a chip for your 92, your best and only bet would be to find a police ecu, and IT HAS TO BE FROM A 92 from what I understand, you cant swap years. It will give you a little better performance and will not be speed limited. Then you can do other mods.
                      Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

Argh in my location i have no idea where to get a police ecu 92

Comment

IT HAS TO BE FROM A 92
                          and it must be from a 92 with the same transmission.
                          -Michael

Comment

Originally posted by P71Times2
                            I think he's just talking about it being 'speed limited' to 170Km...
                            Sorry missed that post, now I understand his problem.

Comment

Working...
                            X