might have a 2dr later this week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

might have a 2dr later this week

i have a good feeling on this one. found an 84(84 seems to be my year that i have the best luck with) 2DR in nh. its 2 hours from me. little bit of rust. runs, drives good.

if i get it, it will be my winter ride. it already has snows, and i'm gonna load down the back. only thing it needs is brake lines. if its just the lines i migfht be able to get it jhome and then down to my mechanics.

after the brake lines and inspection, this is the list of stuff being done to it

fluids(rad, oil, diff, tranny,ps)
    plugs
    wires
    cap
    rotor

i'm going to have my other mechanic winterize the bottom of the car as well.
    Save a seal, club a liberal.

i would make that car my G-ride!lol :rock: 2DRs rock

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
    1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
    1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
    2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
    2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

:stupid:

Fix er up!
      1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
      Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

after the brake lines and inspection, this is the list of stuff being done to it

plugs
        wires
        cap
        rotor
        Inspect 'em first dumby, they may've been recently replaced or just in great shape.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackup460

plugs
          wires
          cap
          rotor
          Inspect 'em first dumby, they may've been recently replaced or just in great shape.
          lol, i meant to add if they look ancient. i've decided even with the brake problems i'm going for it and i will drive it home as well. i'm going up there with two front rubber lines and lots of brake fluid. i didn't realize shifty had a blown brakeline until i came out of work one night and i had a puddle about the size of a small pond under the car and i still drove it for 3 weeks like that because i did not have any other transportation nor the money to replace the line at the time.

i just have a real good feeling bout this car. its an 84(my birth year and Chrsitine's birth year) its a tudor, and its black.

Comment

buy it now.

Comment

Originally posted by grand_marquis_gt
              buy it now.
              no buy it now, but i did place a bid on it. i also emailed him back saying that whether i was the only bidder or if nobody else bids on it, i will be up his way with the parental units with an mo for 175bux

here is the auction link
              http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...MakeTrack=true

its black,hehehehehe

Comment

if I were you tho, i would get it, and not use it as a winter car.

fix it. drive it.

Comment

unfortunately i have no choice in using it as a winter car. my friend's mother made him junk his xj before i could start paying on it :chainsaw:

my plan after i repair the brakes is to winterize the fucking thing. my mechani recently opened up a shop that specializes in undercoating and spray on bedliners. and i'm going to basically keep it clean all winter. whats in my favor is rwd is a piece of cake for me in winter. its like driving in summer(not literally but you get the idea) then next spring/summer i can work on getting another xj(my mother's just gonna love that ) but hey if they can park a fucking useless motor home in the yard i can have 4 cars. my dad is a dipshit. last week i offered him 2k at somepoint next year for the scudburban and he said no. and i found the ebay on the "other" site, so i jumped on it. i had a lead on a tudor that was practically the next town over last month and the fucker had aa disconnected phone and there was no address in the ad. stupid fucker was prob seling the car to pay the phone bill. least he coulda done was leace an address.

but i'm going for it. its an 84(Christine, with the exceoption of the rust-i already have the mercs good fenders off for christine- never gave me a shred of trouble even with the unholy cfi) and i will be fixing her up. just a matter of time. its balck and its a tudor. my dads uncles mechanic a couple years ago had a tudor gm asa rental vehicle while your car was being fixed. it was white with a blue interior, and thats what turned me onto tudors. i had always loved boxes but those were all 4drs. i

here is my plans for the fleet(assuming that i don't get outbid at the last minute :cuss: )

the diabolical trinity:
                  Christine-show car
                  Shifty- spring/summer dd
                  Evoken- spring summer dd

and another xj for camping trips and winter

it would kick ass to show up at stap 2k5 with the trinity :evil:

Comment

that vic would look sick all restored

Comment

motherfucker! i got outbid on the fucking car. i'm so fucking pissed right now. i hope the high bidder gets a fucking brain henmmorage and fuckin dies for outbidding me.FUCCCCKKKKKKKKK

Comment

Then you didn't deserve the car. LOL

Sorry to here.

"It was me!" j/k

Comment

lol

in a way, i'm sorta glad. i really didn't want to drive it thru the winter and i would of have been doing just that. i just have a bad feeling tho that the car will end up in a derby :chainsaw:

i think for winter i'm gonna focus on another xj

i still hope the fucker gets a brain tumour the size of a 460

Comment

Yeah, It would've been in better hands, but another xj and for a winter vehicle would be for the better.

It all happens for a reason.

Comment

ya, the reason is that some one wanted the car more than you. lol! :coocoo:

Comment

Working...
                              X