Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wiper switch and Turn Signal switch ?'s...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wiper switch and Turn Signal switch ?'s...

Anyone know if....the turn signal switch for '79-'84 uses a different plug or has different wireing 'cause of the horn? How would I go about switching from a wheel mounted horn to the column mounted horn, after I have the switch and lever?

Also...switching from intermitant(sp?) wipers to non-intermitant. Any tips/help on that?

'89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
    '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

I have a solution.

Let me win the auction
    1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
    Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Wooooo!

'95 Ford Bronco XL -

Comment

I want those :nonono:
        1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
        Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

I have an 84 multifunction switch with the horn switch in it installed in my 86. Plugs are the same, just there is an extra wire or so for the horn. To run the horn into the wheel, you'd need to pull the wires that run the horn, and probably you'll need a slipring and steering wheel from a later model car so it has the contacts for the steering wheel horn button.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I'm putting this stuff in my '86 waggin. So, I'm converting it to horn on the column and non-intermitant wipers.

The horn works out, cuz then I won't have to add a button or anything when I swap in an aftermarket wheel.
            '95 Ford Bronco XL -

Comment

Working...
            X