im an idiot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

im an idiot

last year i was under my hood solderin all the wires that had butt connectors connecting them. At the time i saw a harness commin out of the distributor with only 1 wire goingin to it. i thought it looked stupid so i cut it out and soldered the wires together. now i know i needed that harness to disconnect the timming advance. so now i can't properly time it and all the wires look the same. can anyone help me out here?

Just look for wires near the plug for the TFI module on the distributor that have been soldered together
    1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
    Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

:owned: :p
      '89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
      '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Comment

What was the electronic advance at idle, 10* on top of the regular one? Then just go for 20*BTDC, to make your life easier there actually is such a mark on the harmonic balancer

Comment

if you need me to, ill break out the EVTM...

Comment

Before i ever bought the car in 1997 it must have had the TFI module harness replaced cuz all the wirws going to it were butt connected together. so they are all soldered to gether know and all look the same. also i tryed setting it at 20*BTDC but withe the ing advance connected it keeps changing so i cant accurately set it. right now its set at 23*@ 2300 rpm. but i'm not sure if it is timed properly

Comment

well, when you convert to carb, you wont have to worry about a spout connector

Comment

nuff said!!!!

Comment

Working...
                X