• Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is this obsession...

With base models?!?!?!

I will admit, I love them too, and would LOVE to have one

Discuss.
    1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
    Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Base model means least additions.
    Minimal additions means I add only what I want.
    Also, means less BS to fix when getting the vehicle the way I want it.
    That's my reasoning. It's easier to ADD something than to modify it.
    2011 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, Kona/Saddle, HIDs, 3.73s, 19s, hood/side stripes, UPR 1.5" springs with adjustable panhard bar, and UMI solid LCAs and relocation brackets.
    1992 Explorer Eddie Bauer, slight lift, 34s, and A/C...
    1979 Bronco Custom, 351M/C6/NP205, 4" lift, 35s, lots of fender trimming.

Comment

My reasoning?

Crank windows rock. As do no vinyl tops...

Comment

I'm just a simple man who likes simple cars. :p

3 out of 4 of my cars are base models.
        '89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
        '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Comment

I like plushy stuff. I really want digital dash in my car, but I'm not going to rip the whole dashboard apart to change the wiring harness. The passenger side power seat I added is also quite nice, as the armrest looked silly without more buttons in there. Keyless entry is nice, but not a big deal for me, as is the trunk muncher.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I like it cause its less shit to break and it makes the car lighter as well. I do want power windows tho, it would suck driving my delta as a downpour came and Im trying to roll up the pass rear window while driving.
            Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

I'm 6'4", so I don't have trouble reaching any doors.
              2011 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, Kona/Saddle, HIDs, 3.73s, 19s, hood/side stripes, UPR 1.5" springs with adjustable panhard bar, and UMI solid LCAs and relocation brackets.
              1992 Explorer Eddie Bauer, slight lift, 34s, and A/C...
              1979 Bronco Custom, 351M/C6/NP205, 4" lift, 35s, lots of fender trimming.

Comment

The looks options can go... the granny trim, vinyl top and its center piece are too frilly for me.
                I like the interior options though... Im going for the best of both worlds
                Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                sigpic
                85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

What would be considered "base" on a Towncar?

Tom, what's your obsession with base models? I don't know. But which would you rather be obsessed with:dildos, or base models? I'd pick base models too lol
                  Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
                  Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

I like electronics, lol but I also like clean looks.
                    Save a seal, club a liberal.

Comment

Originally posted by grandpaslincoln
                      Tom, what's your obsession with base models? I don't know. But which would you rather be obsessed with:dildos, or base models? I'd pick base models too lol
                      You are insane...

Comment

GL, a base TC is the Executive model - leather seats without built-in "pillows", single power seat, analog dash, no uder-seat courtesy lights, no lighted mirrors in the sunshades, no trunk-pull, no delay or auto-lamp, no alarm, Premium Sound (not JBLs), single exhaust, 3.08 open rear end, usually steel wheels with covers (vs. regular turbines and lacy-spoked turbines). Think that's about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ivan D
                          GL, a base TC is the Executive model - leather seats without built-in "pillows", single power seat, analog dash, no uder-seat courtesy lights, no lighted mirrors in the sunshades, no trunk-pull, no delay or auto-lamp, no alarm, Premium Sound (not JBLs), single exhaust, 3.08 open rear end, usually steel wheels with covers (vs. regular turbines and lacy-spoked turbines). Think that's about it.
                          Yup, that about covers it. True base models also have a full vinyl roof. The full roof models also have a bigger rear window. They also don't have the keyless entry. 89 base models had a high back seat with the adjustable headrests. Before that, it was a low back seat with the useless headrests.
                          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Hm, my babe is some kind of a bastard child then, cause she came with the turbines, and the seats do have the adjustable headrests (I love those). She was born in March 1987, so not even a true '88 - go figure.

Comment

Did they make a base model coupe? I never seen one but I would love to have one if they did.
                              Current rides - 1991 Ford Thunderbird 3.8 v6 (gas saver/DD) - New Heads/Headgaskets with ARP studs, Air Silencer Delete, 70mm MAF, Plasti-dipped Matte Black with a Silver Metalflake Overlay, Muffler Delete, some LED's, 30.233 MPG for high MPG average!
                              2006 Jeep Wrangler 4WD (fun vehicle/backup DD) - 4.0/6spd - too many mods to list.

Associated Panthers:
                              Father's 1994 Ford Crown Victoria - Stock, 45,000 miles.
                              Sold in 2007 - 1987 Mercury Grand Marquis LS "Grandpa Special" 2 door.
                              http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2128327

Comment

Working...
                              X