Mk7 question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mk7 question

I think I am going to buy a 89 mk7 tomorrow. Can anyone tell me what size rims are stocl for these cars. They look like 15's from the pictures, but I am hoping fro 16's because I have 2 like new eagles for 16's.
    1991 GM GS sedan "Love Boat" HO converted, Holley adjustable fpr, 3.27 Trac-lok - RIP
    1991 Colony Park LS "Wally World Express" HO, 3.27 trac-lok - RIP
    1988 grand marquis ls "grey ghoul" - RIP 1992 gm ls "superbeater"- sold 1993 F350 dually 7.3 IDI crew cab flatbed "killer" - RIP
    1994.5 F350 Dually Crew Cab Flatbed, Powerstroke 7.3 "overkill" - Alive and kicking
    1987 Lincoln Town Car "El Presidente" - Resting for winter, gonna be a beast!
    2008 Mustang, no name - belongs to the wifey

I don't know about the wheel size, but I'm jealous. I've always wanted a Mark VII... swap in a five-speed and it'd be SO pimp.
    ...that's a Fox chassis, isn't it?
    2011 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, Kona/Saddle, HIDs, 3.73s, 19s, hood/side stripes, UPR 1.5" springs with adjustable panhard bar, and UMI solid LCAs and relocation brackets.
    1992 Explorer Eddie Bauer, slight lift, 34s, and A/C...
    1979 Bronco Custom, 351M/C6/NP205, 4" lift, 35s, lots of fender trimming.

Comment

they are foxes, no swap planned though, I will probably leave this stock except an offroad h and maybe a 3.55 rear.
      1991 GM GS sedan "Love Boat" HO converted, Holley adjustable fpr, 3.27 Trac-lok - RIP
      1988 grand marquis ls "grey ghoul" - RIP 1992 gm ls "superbeater"- sold 1993 F350 dually 7.3 IDI crew cab flatbed "killer" - RIP
      1994.5 F350 Dually Crew Cab Flatbed, Powerstroke 7.3 "overkill" - Alive and kicking

Comment

The LSC's had 16's..dunno about the other models
        Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

LSC had a 16" turbine in 89, the Bill Blass had a 15" wire spoke.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

The turbines still on in 89?

Comment

I think turbines were 88-89. I think the BBS wheels started in 90 but I could be a year off here. I know the turbines came out in 88, as mine have an E8 part number on them.
              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

lsc's had 15" wheels 84-87..........88-89 lsc's had the turbines........90-92 lsc's have the bbs wheels...........the 84-92 bb's had those wire spoked wheels
                tire size for the mk7 is 225/60/16..........factory speed rating was h
                scott

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Thanks for the info guys.

And now my rant......

goddamn mutherfucker shit for brains sonafubitch muther fucker fuck shit cocksucker bitch asshole shit face asseating whore fucknut.

Drove 1 hour 45 min. to Pitt to see this "excellent condition" car with cash in my pocket to find a motherfucker rustbucket, with totally shredded interior threadbare seats cracked leather, stained carpet bald tired $300.00 fucking clunker. Mother fucking ASSHOLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay. have a nice day everyone.

Comment

That sucks. I dislike people who represent things badly. Fact is most of them have dead driver's seats. The leather used was not the best quality, and they just dry out and crack horribly over the years. The dashs also crack. There are some nice LSC from time to time on LoL but those folks know what they have and know what they want for them. They don't let them go for a song, but OTOH mostly you'll get an honest evaluation of what you're getting.

Comment

I came close to buying two lsc's like you described, and waited it out 2yrs. Bought this from the guy's nephew who bought it from him; my good friend. Just be patient. There's so many abused MK7s out there. I beleive it's because they're so unreliable. They just run them in the ground.

Comment

friend of mine has a 88lsc for 1500 firm........200,000 mi creampuff most problem areas already fixed

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                        2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                        1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                        1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                        2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                        1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Drove 1 hour 45 min. to Pitt to see this "excellent condition" car with cash in my pocket to find a motherfucker rustbucket, with totally shredded interior threadbare seats cracked leather, stained carpet bald tired $300.00 fucking clunker. Mother fucking ASSHOLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                          Same here! I had some retard and his terrorist wife try to sell me a fucked-up Mark VII. In the ad, he described the car as "excellent condition, could use a new airpump, $2000". No big deal, they die with age. So I call him and set up an appointment in Boston.

I drive 23 miles and get stuck in fucking Central Artery traffic both ways, only to find that the rear end was so far up in the air, you could see the transmission bellhousing! Piece of S-H-I-T.

The guy tried telling me it needed "minor" work- yeah, right. The CEL, ABS lights were on. The switches didn't work for the windows, etc. Turns out it had also been sitting for a year...with the same gasoline in it, so it puked-out nauseating fumes! I told him that the car will never pass inspection spewing that shit out- not in this state! But he insisted it would, trying to tell me they have some weird way of testing for emission (story full of shit). The interor was in rough shape at best. Cigarette butts everywhere. Non-functioning radio and other shit. The exterior was very good for a 1990 SE, but it needed polish and wax STAT!

I test drove it for the hell of it. Again, the rear was so far in the air, the Marchal auxi lights were scraping the ground! I told him, fuck this car!. He dropped his price to $1500. I replied, "In what...suspension work? No shit!". He and his wife begged me to take it away. I offered $300, they said no way, I drove off. Took me fucking 2 hours to get home 23 miles of traffic. Fucking waste of my time- I should have billed him!!!

Comment

Probably stuck vent solenoid. Not a major fix but its just the point of one man's "excellent condition" is anothers "piece of crap". I tend to be picky about something I'm paying half decent money for.

Comment

Working...
                            X