for those who have spacers in the rear of their merc!!!!!! [1986 GMQ]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

for those who have spacers in the rear of their merc!!!!!! [1986 GMQ]

ok its come to my attention that the rear brake drums don't have the necessary "hub" for 1' spacers to sit on let alone wheels, how do you guys with spacers in the rear get around this? is there anything i can swap out other than doing a rear disc setup? the fronts are fun but the rears have nothing for 1/2 the spacer and the rim just bolts to the spacer and i'm told that would be very unstable to drive it that way, help meee!!!!!

I put 1" spacers on the back of my Towncar and they fit perfectly. No wierdness at all. I have 11" rear drums, so not sure if they're different.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I put 1" spacers on the back of my Towncar and they fit perfectly. No wierdness at all. I have 11" rear drums, so not sure if they're different.
      the spacers fit perfectly but theres nothing in the center to stick out and support the spacer and rim like the front hub has. lemme make a pic quick to demonstrate what i mean.

now that i think about it it really is an unstable setup how does the setup for you other guys with 1 inch spacers look like?

Comment

oooooh I see what you are talking about, now!!!

You shouldnt have any problems.. I thought you were saying the center hole wasnt big enough, and the spacer was sitting on there lopsided.

You should have no problems, mang. I just need visuals sometime!
        1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
        Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

oh cool, lol i was just making sure cuz the spacers are the "adapter type" that the stock lugs go into and bolted down then the wheel goes onto the spacer's studs. these are the spacers i have

so i should be good to go then without any worries? the item description said it was for mustangs and t-birds so i assume it can handle the weight properly?

Nick

Comment

Good to go, mang!
            1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
            Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

fuckin right! thanks guys! i'm hoping saturday to have the new rims and tires on! thanks for clarifying that up for me!
              you guys made my night, i'mma go give "project RESSURECT" a bath since its decent out tonight!

Nick

Comment

make sure to torque all 10 lugnuts on each wheel to 80-100 ft lbs.......no more than 100
                scott

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Replace the studs....and nuts. I have those also....The studs on the adapters weren't long enough.
                  Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

the studs are holding up good so far, they were long enough, the rims going on are steel rims so theres plenty of stud length on them, oh yea i didn't get the rims on yet damn money issues and really leaky cat-back exhaust pipe.... soon enough tho, soon enough it will all be fixed!

Nick

Comment

Working...
                    X