tips for the Townie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tips for the Townie

Well, my new exhaust has been in place for the last several days, and it's much better than the old one - no connecting adapters, H-pipe is where it needs to be and doesn't hit the floorpans, glasspacks are centered under the humps and don't hit the tranny crossmember anymore, tailpipes are nicely bent... But there is one problem, kinda - the tailpipes exit in front of the rear wheels, but this time perpendicular to the frame rails (before they were angled), and as of right now they're just sticking out, which ain't really stylish. So I wanna put some tips there, was thinking of those round dual 3" outlets with the angled cut (something like this) - what would you guys suggest? Can't go 4" and above cause I'll be hitting them all the time, way too namy curbs and shitty driveways here. So yeah, ideas please?
    Last edited by ; 02-17-2006, 03:36 AM.

Yeah.

Run full tailpipes.
    1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
    Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

I also kinda dig the hidden tailpipe thing. Side exits on a 4 door car just beg for burn marks on your passenger's legs.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I would actually kick the tailpipes out 45* after rear tires. Then you can run those tips (which are really cool BTW) and not have to worry about clearance.
        2000 Mustang GT "Blondie", 2000 CVPI "Sargent Crusty"

Comment

If you wanted full tails but still something different, how about some trans-am style tips? It just came to me. I have full tails that are tucked up under my car and have a 45* turn down near the bumper, can't see them unless your looking for it.

-Matt
          1968 Fairlane 500 - 1998 Camaro Z/28

Comment

Full-length pipes are not an option, for now - they require much more than the $30 my current exhaust costs and they'd be a bitch and a half to install without having the car up on a hoist, which ain't gonna happen till at least late summer. Having the side exits doesn't bother me one bit as I usually drive alone, or with one passanger at most. So for now I'll try to get those dual 3" tips, and I'll have them welded to an adapter of the proper size so I can put them on and off in no time and whenever I want

Comment

Working...
            X