Ok, got a non-JBL premium sound ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok, got a non-JBL premium sound ?

ok, i got a 96 MGM with premium sound. ive researched this for a while now and havent yet found a solution. first off, i know my way around car audio and i'm no novice to it, but this ford premium audio thing isnt ordinary. i do have the service manual and the electric book too. this is what ive come up with so far....

this is the back of my radio, one long harness and one small square one. hence premium sound. the long harness is just for power and ground purposes. the smaller one sends coded sound messages to the rear amp. then that amp sends out the appropriate sound to the different speakers.
    [IMG][/IMG]

this is the radio i bought to replace the tape player:
    [IMG][/IMG]

ive bought this: since the above radio is a 98+ model with the single harness
    [IMG][/IMG]

but only the long grey harness can plug up. im left with the smaller harness. since this doesnt send positive/negative/left/right/front/back signals, i cant tap into it from the other harness(the black one).

ive checked all the harnesses from the scosche ones to the metra ones. the only one that looked correct is this one(the green one)

but, i dont see how you can wire that to make it work. Do i have to run all new wires to an unplugged harness at the rear amp? or would this harness work, and if so, how in the world would i wire it.

thanks
    Last edited by MGMyke; 02-17-2006, 07:39 PM.
    1996 Grand Marquis Bayshore

Nice lookin' P71 there
    1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
    Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

You have to run a metra kit all the way to the back where the amp is in the trunk. It sucks, I found my self in the same boat, you think the green one would fit but it doesn't only the gray one does. It bypasses your amp. I really didn't want to bypass my amp but had no other choice.
      Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

Originally posted by Grand_Marquis_GT
        Nice lookin' P71 there
        just figured out why you said that. i guess you cant link from that site, at work it showed up fine, now that im at home this damn crown vic is there.

Comment

Originally posted by p71towny
          You have to run a metra kit all the way to the back where the amp is in the trunk. It sucks, I found my self in the same boat, you think the green one would fit but it doesn't only the gray one does. It bypasses your amp. I really didn't want to bypass my amp but had no other choice.
          is it metra kit #70-5715? that sorta looks like itll plug into the harness on the amp

Comment

i figured it out. had to run speaker wires to the back. it doesnt even sound as good as the premium. bass response is awful along with upper high clarity. my stock tape/premium radio handled this alot better. now im on a journey to find a cheap 95-97 premium cd player, now i need to sell this one....

thanks for the help.

Comment

Working...
            X