Taking stock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Taking stock

Well, I went out to my car today, intending to remove the headliner and try to glue the fabric back up. Instead I took inventory of everything in the interior that needs to be replaced. Which is just about everything. Anything that is made of plastic in GL is cracked, or missing pieces. All four door panels need to be replaced. Dashpad needs to be replaced, along with the metal crap that fits over the radio and such. Glovebox door. The plastic trim pieces that run along the floor and hold the edges of teh carpet down are cracked and busted. The carpet has some kind of goop or shit in it, drivers seat needs to be replaced. The dome light is shorting out against something inside there.

I might as well just do a complete interior swap.
    Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
    Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Go junkyard hunting, that's your best bet I think.

Comment

Open the hood, slide a new TC in. :p
      '89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
      '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Comment

Eventually, even though i have a pretty good interior i'm going to swap everything out with blue, including the carpet, seats, all the plastic headliner, and dash. A huge job but i have the time to spend. Just have to find a good donor car.

1984 Grand Marquis GS - CFI-SEFI conversion, Explorer 302, GT40 intakes, GT40P heads, 1.7 roller rockers, HO Cam, ASP Underdrive Pulley, 2.5" Dual exhaust, Flowmaster Delta 50 mufflers, 3.55 Trac-Lock, Rear disk's, Moog cargo coils, ES rear poly bushings, PI front and rear sway bars, 3G alt., Mark VIII fan, custom Auto-meter dash
        1990 Crown Victoria Country Squire - Explorer 302, HO cam, dual exhaust, 3.55 Trac-Lock, PI rear sway bar (SOLD)
        1982 LTD Wagon (R.I.P.) -|-1984 Grand Marquis LS(R.I.P.)

Comment

I junkyard cobbled most of what I have now, but I need some parts still. Handily, I have dibs on some nice grey parts in exchange for assistance replacing the grey with tan so it works out OK. I might have to get some vinyl dye to complete it tho. My one door panel is a slightly different color, and I think most of the grey in the other car has been re-painted so it might not quite match what I have.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I want to find a dead wagon with a tan interior.
            2011 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, Kona/Saddle, HIDs, 3.73s, 19s, hood/side stripes, UPR 1.5" springs with adjustable panhard bar, and UMI solid LCAs and relocation brackets.
            1992 Explorer Eddie Bauer, slight lift, 34s, and A/C...
            1979 Bronco Custom, 351M/C6/NP205, 4" lift, 35s, lots of fender trimming.

Comment

Originally posted by Freshmeat
              I want to find a dead wagon with a tan interior.
              Dead wagons aren't cool.
              Save a seal, club a liberal.

Comment

My buddy's 86 wagon is tan interior. Itll be ruined soon though. Were cutting the roof out in the back so its like one of them subaru baja thingies.
                1989 Grand Marquis LS
                flat black, 650 double pumper, random cam, hei, stealth intake, Police front springs, Wagon rear, Police rear bar, wagon front ,exploder wheels, 205/60-15 fronts 275/60-15 rears, 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" offroad x pipe, Eclipse front bucket seats, Custom floor shifter, 4.10 gears, aluminum driveshaft and daily driven. 16.77@83mph

Comment

Working...
                X