Front end noise...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Front end noise...

OK, tracked down the source of a rattle on the front end of my car... the two headlight bezels are loose... because the little rubber inserts that snap into the header panel--- That the screws screw into are shot... so they will not tighten up...

Any one know who may carry these new??? All the ones at the junkyard are the same... old, and dry rotted... I saw them at a parts store not too long ago... in the "HELP!" section if I remember right... but now, since I need them.. NO ONE has them! They were in a blister pack, with about 4-6 of them in the pack... Of course. now that I need them, I can't remember where they heck they were!!!!! Tom!

Agent Caitlin Todd… You know Tony, Statistics show that married men live longer…
    Agent Tony DiNozzo… It only seems longer….

http://www.tomspolicecars.com/

They are in the aisle where the headlights are, at advance...

Tom!!!
    1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
    Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

If you find them, can you post the help part #? When I redo my header panel, I'm going to need some. Thanks!
      Save a seal, club a liberal.

Comment

one out of every two headlight bezel screw holes are stripped on mine too
        Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
        'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
        sigpic
        85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Tom.. Uh. no their not!!! We checked EVERYWHERE!!!! nice try tho.... Tom!

Agent Caitlin Todd… You know Tony, Statistics show that married men live longer…

Comment

What??

They were in MY store!!

Comment

Went to the junk yard today.. found some that seem pretty tight...Maybe they will at least get the front end to quit rattling until I see them somewhere again.... Tom!

(Oh, and I KNEW I bought some a while ago--- and didn't know what I did with them... Well today I remembered using them on the '84.. as those were totally GONE! )

Tom!

Comment

Good stuff!!!

Comment

Working...
                X