NO A/C - air pump belt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NO A/C - air pump belt

for my buddies new to come 87' marquis, can you order a belt just to run the air pump? because, he wants to get rid of the air cond. and the car has to pass the smog test. i know that in 79'-82' A/C was a option. what to do? i hope its not a different pully system!

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
    1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
    1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
    2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
    2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

hmm

you could just ditch the air pump

SuperFord Profile
    Support safe sigs

-sigs should not exceed 600 pixels wide
    -sigs should not consist of more that 25 lines (including pics) when viewed at 800x600
    -Multiple images exceeding 600 pixels wide should have a space between them to allow for wrapping
    -Total sig size should not exceed 60k
    Remember, only you can prevent sig abuse....

Comment

like i said...it has to pass the emition test/smog test/polution test...what ever you call it!

Comment

pass the smog test, THEN dump it!
        Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
        'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
        sigpic
        85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

that fucktard epi passed chicago smog on his truck (EFI) without an air pump...
          1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
          Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

see, in this country you got to get a emmition test every two years...so this is fucked!what to do?...i need a good answer for this. its not even my car but, still.

Comment

dont know off hand what belt to use without the ac compressor..........take a piece of twine, and wrap it around the pulleys as you think it will work, and measure.........convert inches to mm then (ie a 500k6 is 500mm in length)

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
              2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
              1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
              1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
              2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
              1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

just use twine while doing the emmisions test, only needs to

just use twine while doing the emmisions test, only needs to last a few min

SuperFord Profile
                Support safe sigs

-sigs should not exceed 600 pixels wide
                -sigs should not consist of more that 25 lines (including pics) when viewed at 800x600
                -Multiple images exceeding 600 pixels wide should have a space between them to allow for wrapping
                -Total sig size should not exceed 60k
                Remember, only you can prevent sig abuse....

Comment

goood fucking idea!

Comment

Just measure it, or take the car down to a parts store and start trying belts. When I took my air pump off, I went back to the parts store three times before I got one taht fit.

Actually when I told them what belt I needed, the first thing they asked was if I was removing the A/C compressor. So it's not like it's an un-popular thing to do, surely they'll have a belt in stock that will fit. It just may take a few minutes.

Comment

Working...
                    X