HELP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP

ALright I just did my suspension. KYB GR-2 Shocks, TRW HD Cargo Coils for the rear, and Moog front springs. the front ones are normal crown vic springs. THEY ARE TOOO HIGH. I think the front is higher than the rear.

HELP
    1989 LTD Crown Victoria LX.
    -3.73s' w/ Track Loc - KYB GR-2 Shocks All Around - TRW HD Cargo Coils Rear - Moog Front Coils - 1 Inch Rear Sway Bar - 4.6 Lower Air Box- Stock Headers - Off Road H Pipe - Turbo Mufflers.

4 Door Muscle
    Supermotors

You mean they are higher then your CC's? Damn!
    2000 Mustang GT "Blondie", 2000 CVPI "Sargent Crusty"

Comment

Yea. I need help. What happened Why did this happen. They were Moog Stock Replacements.
      -3.73s' w/ Track Loc - KYB GR-2 Shocks All Around - TRW HD Cargo Coils Rear - Moog Front Coils - 1 Inch Rear Sway Bar - 4.6 Lower Air Box- Stock Headers - Off Road H Pipe - Turbo Mufflers.

4 Door Muscle
      Supermotors

Comment

You are 100% sure the moog ones were for the front. They could have mixed up the order. Did the fronts have the pigtails on the ends of the springs like the TRW's?
        2000 Mustang GT "Blondie", 2000 CVPI "Sargent Crusty"

Comment

No. They were front coil springs. Otherwise they wouldn't have fit in there.

4 Door Muscle
          Supermotors

Comment

Are the springs fully seated into that upper perch? Is the lower pigtail in the right position in the lower control arm? There is a spot for the pigtail to sit in, it faces directly outward. The upper part I had problems with as well. Putting springs in these is a pain with the geometry involved. It just doesn't seem to want to fit right, but it does eventually.
            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Hmm. I didn't pay attention to the pig tails or such. They are in though to my full knowledge. Didn't appear to be sitting wrong when they went in. Maybe I'm over extruated an that's just how high the car sits.

4 Door Muscle
              Supermotors

Comment

you mangs know that these cars did sit high when they were new...........i know i have loved the panther since i worked at a lincoln mercury dealer when i was in high school......i remember the 87 gm coupes to the ugly 90 townies

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

I need new front springs, mine are shit
                  Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
                  Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

I didn't know they sit THAT HIGH. Would I get a nice rake if I put some spring spacers in the rear... would that be way to high and suck for perfomance?

4 Door Muscle
                    Supermotors

Comment

Originally posted by BlackHawkA4
                      Hmm. I didn't pay attention to the pig tails or such. They are in though to my full knowledge. Didn't appear to be sitting wrong when they went in. Maybe I'm over extruated an that's just how high the car sits.
                      Just to be safe you might want to look at it. Just pull the wheel off and you can see where the pigtail sits into the lower control arm. The upper you might have to get creative with a small mirror to check out. Best to be sure that everything is in there right than wait for it to randomly re-seat itself. Fairly decent chance its OK if you actually got it together but it only takes a few minutes to be sure.
                      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I'll double check when I get a chance. The car is level so I'm sure it's in right. It dosn't lean back. I'll check though.

My friend's mechanic installed his wrong. he had a reverse rake. he drove it arond for a day or so and thy reset themselved into place. The bump stops fell out though. Should have just installed them himself. It's not hard.

4 Door Muscle
                        Supermotors

Comment

Here's an idea - try to remember of a place where you used to bottom out the front suspension with the old springs (for me it's a parking lot). After you check everything as Gadget73 said, and if it is okay, go there and drive through the same way you did before, that'll load the suspension well and everything should really settle in.

Comment

Mine with cargo coils and HD replacements on the front sat a bit lower in the rear. Not too horribly though.
                            Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

Would anyone suggest a lower profile tire in the front. I'm already an inch higher than stock. I was going to put stock height on all around. Wha if I go ahead and go 225/60 front and 245/60 rear? Would anyone reccomend doing that.

Would anyone go against that. Why?

4 Door Muscle
                              Supermotors

Comment

Working...
                              X