Low Fuel Light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Low Fuel Light

is there an adjustment for this? I would like it to come on before it goes below the E. At that point you could be in trouble
    2000 Grand Marquis LS
    2000 F150 XLT 6 inches of lift.
    1987 Bill Blass Mark VII - Sold
    1985 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park- SOLD. to a little old lady
    Mercury Owners Group member
    Save The Whales, Restore an Old Station Wagon!!

It's supposed to come on when there's 2 gallons left. As far as changing that, no idea.
    '89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
    '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Comment

Well, if two gallons left is just to the wrong side of E than it works perfectly.

Need to see if it is adjustable
      2000 Grand Marquis LS

Comment

Yea, it should come on just after E. My '89 Vic, it comes on before E... I dunno...lol
        '89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
        '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Comment

might need a new fuel sending unit to fix that

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
          2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
          1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
          1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
          2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
          1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Mine, when its working right, kicks on at 1/4 tank. I have a bad ground somewhere tho because it randomly lights up. Unplugging and re-connecting the module seemed to help some, so its probably dirty connections. Module should be located under the driver's side of the dash towards the center. Its on that flat "plate" thing next to the climate controls and all. Its pretty easy to get at really, and its stamped "low fuel indicator" or something obvious right on the plastic case for it.
            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

My book claims it to be 3 gallons when the light comes on, dunno. My gauge is screwed up, but when that light comes on I know exactly what I got left and I hightail it come lol
              Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
              Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73
                Mine, when its working right, kicks on at 1/4 tank. I have a bad ground somewhere tho because it randomly lights up. Unplugging and re-connecting the module seemed to help some, so its probably dirty connections. Module should be located under the driver's side of the dash towards the center. Its on that flat "plate" thing next to the climate controls and all. Its pretty easy to get at really, and its stamped "low fuel indicator" or something obvious right on the plastic case for it.
                will try unplugging that module, it works reliably, just wish it would come on sooner
                2000 Grand Marquis LS

Comment

Dunno, my friggin civilian fuel gauges would go 1/4 BELOW E before I'd run out of gas. The police one I have in the wagon, when it's on E it's OUT....

As for the light, mine usually came on a tad less than 1/8 tank...
                  Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

I think my sending unit is kinda screwed up because my light usually comes on sometimes at a dead on a half of tank or dead on at a quarter tank left. It only happens when its really cold out though when you start it up, most of the time its when its on E.
                    Current rides - 1991 Ford Thunderbird 3.8 v6 (gas saver/DD) - New Heads/Headgaskets with ARP studs, Air Silencer Delete, 70mm MAF, Plasti-dipped Matte Black with a Silver Metalflake Overlay, Muffler Delete, some LED's, 30.233 MPG for high MPG average!
                    2006 Jeep Wrangler 4WD (fun vehicle/backup DD) - 4.0/6spd - too many mods to list.

Associated Panthers:
                    Father's 1994 Ford Crown Victoria - Stock, 45,000 miles.
                    Sold in 2007 - 1987 Mercury Grand Marquis LS "Grandpa Special" 2 door.
                    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2128327

Comment

Mine did that, then I unplugged and re-connected the module and it stopped acting stupid for the most part. It acts up sometimes but I suspect a bad ground strap on the tank.
                      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

mine comes on when it feels like it around e, look under the gas tank where all the crap plugs in, my old chevy had a small float sender just for the light, bend the rod and magically the light comes on sooner, or just watch the damn gauge and know what you have for gas!!!
                        jay--1983 towncar, 302v8 cfi, dual straight pipes w/resonators ,edelbrock motor goodies, custom interior, full custom stereo system, full rebuilt trunk audio setup, custom paint...more to come......

Comment

Ford doesn't use a seperate float for the warning light. It has a brain under the dash that ties into the gas guage.

Comment

my friend is so ghetto, on his 67 chevy C20 he uses a long, rusty ass rod that he dips down the filler neck to check the fuel level. Its not a fucking model t lol...
                            Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

Not that it probably matters, but that rust on the rod can't be doing the fuel system any good.
                              Save a seal, club a liberal.

Comment

Working...
                              X